poor internet connection for 1 month now

• 9 October 2023
  • 14 reacties
  • 202 Bekeken

Ever since the switch, our connection has been truly awful and nearly unusable. 

you can even see the attached speed tests to see that barely any download speed is available. I switched to T-Mobile in July and ever since Odido took over, I can barely use our internet. I’d like to just cancel the internet as this is so tiresome! 

Tommie van Odido 6 maanden geleden

Hi @NoUsername1990, welcome to our Community!

Good that you are sounding the alarm for this. I immediately started looking for you and the first thing I noticed is that you have three wifi points. This will not work. The Zyxel modem can have a maximum of three access points in the network, this includes the modem. I also see that one AP is causing interference (78:C5:7D:CD:FB:9D). Can you remove this point and test the connection again? The expected download/upload speed at your address are 37 Mbit/s download and 2 Mbit/s upload wired. Are you getting the desired speed now? 

Bekijk origineel

14 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @NoUsername1990 

Your latency is very high. Do you have a DSL or fiber connection?

If DSL make sure the modem is connected to the main KPN ISRA point.

If fiber can you share a picture of the fiber terminal unit and mediaconverter on 1 photo?

It’s DSL. It’s connected there and is in the same spot as it’s been as always. Not sure what all of a sudden the internet is so bad. It was fine before September. 

It seems to be slightly better in the morning but completely unusable in the evening/night. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @NoUsername1990, welcome to our Community!

Good that you are sounding the alarm for this. I immediately started looking for you and the first thing I noticed is that you have three wifi points. This will not work. The Zyxel modem can have a maximum of three access points in the network, this includes the modem. I also see that one AP is causing interference (78:C5:7D:CD:FB:9D). Can you remove this point and test the connection again? The expected download/upload speed at your address are 37 Mbit/s download and 2 Mbit/s upload wired. Are you getting the desired speed now? 

It’s still only 30 right now. And like I mentioned the day is better than the evening. The evening usually is really bad. 

also I have 3 floors so I’m not sure only 2 wifi points will be enough. With Ziggo, I used a wifi plus on each additional floor to get better internet and it had no issue… I need good wifi for my baby monitors and have nothing but issues with it, which is frustrating. 

I am really unhappy with this. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@NoUsername1990

You can log in to your Zyxel by going to 192.168.1.1 in your browser, log in with admin and the login password behind your Zyxel.

Under systeem informatie you will see VDSL WAN. What values ​​are behind this?

Modem on the ground floor, 1 WiFi point on the 1st floor and the 2nd WiFi point on the second floor is possible.

It says this: Rx:37176 Tx:2230 (Kbps)

I tested it in the evening because as mentioned, it is worse and you can see the result is still quite awful. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@NoUsername1990 

The line is good so when you are only using the Zyxel and have a laptop directly connected to the modem and test via the Ookla speedtest app the speed should be good.

30-35 Mbps should be a good speed when testing via cable.

Yeah, this isn’t possible. I have a Mac Air and our modem is in the small closet by the front door. The internet should work without having to connect with a cable. 

again, we had no issues prior to September when Odido took over from TMobile… 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@NoUsername1990

As @Tommie van Odido mentioned earlier can you remove the WiFi points and see if its good and stable via WiFi when connected to the modem? Just to check.

Yeah I already did that. The picture from the evening with 19 download is after doing that. 😵‍💫

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@NoUsername1990

Make sure you are connected with the 5 GHz band, use the Ookla speedtest application when performing a speedtest.

One more tips is to choose fixed channels for 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz when you go to the menu in your modem, netwerkinstellingen, draadloos, algemeen.

All of this still doesn’t work. I want to cancel my subscription and don’t think I should be liable for fees. Also I’ve emailed the service odido email weeks ago and have yet to get a reply. My husband and I work from home and need reliable internet for our jobs. I would have never switched if I knew this would be the result. Please contact me asap. 

Reageer