Beantwoord

Cannot add one more mobile subscription

• 29 February 2024
  • 13 reacties
  • 79 Bekeken

• is een Master Poster
  • 10 reacties

Recently I decided to transfer phone numbers of me and my wife to odido. I didn't have any problems while transferring my phone number, but I have no idea how to properly transfer the phone number of my wife. I can’t link my odido mobile subscription to my account since it’s not active yet and it will become active on the day my Vodafone contract ends. It means that I can’t add one more subscription for my wife to my account yet. The problem is that my wife’s contract with Vodafone ends the same day with mine, but she obviously wants to keep her current number as well. What should I do in this case? I didn’t get any useful advices from odido support yet.

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 29 February 2024, 23:59

Bekijk origineel

13 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @dtx12 

Simply order a new subscription for your wife keeping the Vodafone number.

Afterwards you need to make another account for your wife and link her subscription there (it's better to not use the same email while ordering).

If you want to link the number of your wife in your account than you'll have to fill in your name while ordering because both subscriptions must have the same name if you want to link them in 1 account.

Well, I tried what you suggested and it tells me the following:

There is still an uncompleted order in our system - this must be completed before you can place a new order. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@dtx12 

Did you fill in your name? It's maybe because of the fact that your order is not completed yet.

@Waqqas yes I filled my name. I guess my order will be completed the same day my and my wife’s contract with vodafone ends. But as I mentioned previously she wants to keep her phone number and also I want to use unlimited together option.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@dtx12 

If you want an Unlimited Samen subscription for your wife than only you need to switch to Odido, once you have made an Odido account you can subscribe to a cheaper Unlimited Samen subscription in your Odido account. I'm not sure if keeping your old number with Unlimited Samen is possible, maybe someone else knows..

Checked what to do with Odido support and basically got an answer that they don’t care about my problem, very nice.

Thanks for trying to help anyway

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

Hello @dtx12, That is obviously not the service you should expect from us, apologies for that! You can add both numbers in one account if the name, address and date of birth match. Otherwise it is only possible to create a separate account for both subscriptions. 

In addition, I see that your number ending in ***611 has not yet started, because you have requested Number Maintenance. The first possible date is 25-03-2024, after that the subscription will start. Once your subscription has started, a change can be made and from then on the subscription can also be added in your My Odido account! 

Does this answer your question? If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! 

@Pharwin van Odido thanks, but it still doesn’t help me in my situation since I want to keep both phone numbers, but both of them exprire on 24-03-2024 while only one can be transferred to my account at once.

When I try to order one more subscription with the same name it gives me error I mentioned previously - “There is still an uncompleted order in our system - this must be completed before you can place a new order. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi dtx12, nice to see that you and your wife will both be joining our Odido family soon! First off; no worries. Everything will be fine. What Pharwin says is correct. Your Hello subscription starts on March 25th 2024. It is not possible to order the other Samen right away. Your subscription needs to start first.

No worries about your wife's current subscription at Vodafone. Her contract will expire, but as long as she doesn't renew or cancel her subscription, your wife's subscription, and current phone number, will still continue. She won't lose her phone number. Simply wait for March 25th, when your subscription starts. Then, you can order your wife's subscription online, via Telesales (0800-0092) or in one of our shops. 

Once you order the subscription for your wife, she will have (I think) 1 month notice period at Vodafone. She can use her current subscription until her new Odido Samen subscription starts.

I hope this clarifies everything for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! 😊

@Marciano van Odido the problem is that we already requested a termination for both contracts. Is it maybe possible then to make a separate contract on my wife’s name and transfer it later to my account?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi, you could order a PrePaid and transfer the number to a PrePaid subscription. However, I think the easiest way for you to do this is to contact Vodafone and see if they can cancel the termination of your wife's subscription. I assume they're able to do this. And then you can keep the subscription running until the 25th as I mentioned in my previous message. Please let me know if they were able to do this! 😄

Reageer