Beantwoord

eSIM activation problem with the extension of the contract

• 31 December 2023
  • 5 reacties
  • 55 Bekeken

Reputatie 1

Hello dear Odido community! 

Happy new year, I extended my contract(same number) and changed to unlimited plus instead of unlimited basic subscription for my mobile and I was using eSIM. 
A few days ago, I got a new eSIM and I wanted to activate it. I followed the process and it still says no service. I can use my old eSIM.

I believe I definitely use my new eSIM(faster speed and free roaming) but it looks like we have a problem with it.

could you please help?

regards

icon

Beste antwoord door Marciano van Odido 4 January 2024, 10:39

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 1

Any help?:( 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @stereolove35, welcome to our Community and the best wishes for 2024! Apologies for the late reply, I'm here to help you now. According to the system, your eSIM is downloaded, activated and it should work. Are you experiencing issues with calling/SMS/internet? Or does it work now? Please let me know! 😊

Even if eSIM is active, it still needs to be set up right on your phone. It's possible that your phone is set up for calling/SMS/internet via another sim card. If this is the case, please check the settings on your phone. It depends on which phone you have, but it should be somewhere under 'Simcard settings’.

Reputatie 1

@Marciano van Odido Happy new year! Thanks a lot! 
so first of all, I changed my subscription(I extend it) and I was already using eSIM and I got a second eSIM for my same number and I downloaded and activated it but now I am seeing no service for the new eSIM and my old eSIM is still active. 

I know how to activate/use eSIM. The issue right now is the second eSIM is showing no service and my current eSIM is still active without any issue

Reputatie 1

@Marciano van Odido I upgraded my subscription from Unlimited basic To unlimited plus.

→ new eSIM shows no service

→ current eSIM is still active

→ I need to get a new eSIM for my new subscription and it should invalidate the current eSIM, the new subscription includes faster inter Speed, 50GB roaming for some of the countries.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi, thank you very much! Thank you for the extra information. I looked into it again and at this point I'm not allowed to activate the new eSIM for you. There are strict rules for this, I hope you understand. But no worries, if you go to one of our shops near you, you will walk out of there with a new activated and working eSIM. Make sure to bring your ID, because my colleagues need this for verification.

Please let me know if they were able to help you!

Reageer