2FA Token Lost

• 26 July 2023
  • 14 reacties
  • 193 Bekeken

• is een Top Poster
  • 7 reacties

By accident, I deleted the 2FA token of my T-Mobile account.

How can the 2FA method be reset so that a new token will be created?

Tommie van Odido 9 maanden geleden

Hi @sm3ek, welcome to our Community!

What exactly do you mean by token lost? I see you set up the 2FA with the authentication app. If everything is correct, you'll get a code on the app every time you need to log in. If this doesn't work, I can set up the 2FA for you by SMS. I will then need a few minutes of your time because you will receive a code that I need to enter to make the change. 

Bekijk origineel

14 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @sm3ek, welcome to our Community!

What exactly do you mean by token lost? I see you set up the 2FA with the authentication app. If everything is correct, you'll get a code on the app every time you need to log in. If this doesn't work, I can set up the 2FA for you by SMS. I will then need a few minutes of your time because you will receive a code that I need to enter to make the change. 

Hi @sm3ek, welcome to our Community!

Hi Tommy,

I deleted the authentication app beacuse I did not like it, and I want to try a different one.
So the token was lost. Of course, that was a foolish mistake but I was using such a method and app for the first time.

SMS would not work because I have a German mobile number only.

Thank you for helping

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @sm3ek, thanks for your quick response. Why would text messaging not work? If you download the first app again, does the app no longer work?

Hi Tommy,

I did restore the app but there is no restore option. Perhaps the backup had not happened yet.

I am fine with text messaging but the T-Mobile web site asked for a 06… number, a dutch mobile number
which I don’t have. It is not possible to enter a longer 0049… number.

In a similar post the moderator asked for address, birthday, and last 4 digits of IBAN.
These items I could provide in a private message.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@sm3ek hmm it only works with a 06 number. Which authenticator app did you use? You should be able to run a back-up if you login with the same account.

This is the app, Tommie:

But there is no login, and believe me, please, the key/token is gone.

So, what is the standard procedure of T-Mobile for such a case?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@sm3ek I am not familiar with that one. The standard procedure is to switch the 2FA to sms. Then you can change it back to the authenticator app anytime you'd like. 

I will create an incident for our technicians, they will have a look at this. Once they know more about this, they will contact you!

Hi Tommie,

some weeks ago I received a phone call, just to have the problem confirmed.
The lady told me someone would call again but nobody did.

I can try to arrange to use a dutch mobile number of someone else.
But I guess, you and myself an the other person would need to be present at the same time.

Please advice.

Kind regards,
Matthias

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @sm3ek, I have pulled some strings and I was able to turn it off. Can you login again? Then you should be able to set it up again. Could you let me know if it worked out? Thanks! 

Thank you, Tommie.

Unfortunately, it does not work yet. After login I get:

Open je authenticatie-app en vul de 6-cijferige code in

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

@sm3ek Did you folllow these steps:

Use for example, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator or Authy. You can install the app on your device. Upon turning on 2FA, you can scan a unique QR code in My Odido. Upon logging into My Odido, you can insert your login information, then open the authenticator app to see the code.

Can you find the QR code when you're inside My Odido?

You can also use our My Odido app and use another option if this is possible for you. Instead of given a code to enter, you can also login via PIN/fingerprint/face scanner. If this is possible on your device. Maybe this can also be a solution for you for another method of 2FA!

Hi Demi, 2FA is already turned on, but I have lost the key.

I installed the app. After the first login step (username and password) I see the below:

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@sm3ek I have turned it off again. Can you login on a computer and not with the app? Does it work now?

This time it worked!

Thank you very much, Tommie.

You can close this case.

Reageer