Signal droping

• 8 September 2023
  • 5 reacties
  • 24 Bekeken

• is een nieuwe Poster
  • 4 reacties

Good morning, I have a following problem.

I have a fiber connection, 1 Gig. Modem is Zyxel T 54. All was working nice since 2020 until recently.

Cam back from holidays on Sunday and discovered that my appliances are dropping the signal randomly.

Bose internet radio (connected by wi-fi), LG smart TV (both wired and Wi-Fi), laptop(s), tablets. Smartphones are doing better.

A technician came yesterday, replaced the converter and modem but it helped for 1 hour maybe. 

Even connecting a laptop to T 54 by cable is not working.

Perhaps anyone had the a similar issue? Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Regards and wishing everyone a very good weekend.

Waqqas 7 maanden geleden

@Maciek 

Can you remove all other routers/switches/repeaters once and check the internet with only the Zyxel router once?

There could be a device causing problems.

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Maciek 

When the connection drops does the globe on your router turn red? If yes which lights are on or off on the mediaconverter at that moment?

Can you also replace the cable between mediaconverter and WAN port of you router?

And are you only using the Zyxel or do you also have another router, WiFi repeater or switch connected to it? Maybe you can test the internet with only the Zyxel router.

Hi Waqqas,

Thank you so much for trying to support.

All has been done, switching the cables, using a Zyxel router only (on top of T 54), restarting etc.

Last evening Bose (internet radio) was working but this morning there was signal again. It was Wi-Fi connected to T 54. So it is most def not the case of other routers (TP Link/ Netgear). Which are working BTW - I can connect by phone or computer, randomly though. Sometimes 2,4G, sometimes 5G, sometimes both, sometimes none. No rule, no pattern.

On the router and the modem T 54 all is green. On the converter, 4 greens, 2 oranges.

All was working nice until recently, I was not changing any network settings since I learned from IT colleagues - if it works - don’t touch it.

The technician, when he came, was lost too.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Maciek 

Can you remove all other routers/switches/repeaters once and check the internet with only the Zyxel router once?

There could be a device causing problems.

Sure, will try once back home this evening, why not.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Maciek 

According to the lights there's nothing wrong so I'm pretty sure that there's a device causing problems 👍

Reageer