Beantwoord

[4G-router ] Internet connection constantly interrupted

• 5 December 2018
  • 4 reacties
  • 673 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties
Hello,

My internet connexion is very often interrupted (disconnected for 2-5min).
Sometimes it happens more than 5 times an hour, it's pretty annoying.

Is there any way to fix this please ?

p.s. I already updated the software and tried to move the router around my place, nothing changed.

Kind regards,
icon

Beste antwoord door tmoesel 6 December 2018, 07:54

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 6
How are you connected to the router? Try via LAN cable instead of WiFi.
What is the brand+type of the router?
Have you looked at the mobile signal quality, if so, what is it?
Is the mobile connection always 4G or does it switch back to 3G 5 types an hour?
And what is the type of subscription (SIM card) ? It is at least not T-Mobile Thuis, that is only DSL and fiber.
And how much data did you already use, I hope you are aware of the limitations of T-Mobile's 'Unlimited'.
I am connected through WiFi, as my 2 flatmates are. Configuration of the place doesn't allow us to all connect via LAN.

The router model is Huawei b618s-22d.

The signal seem to be always 3 to 4 on 5. I've always seen it in 4G+.

I'm not sure about the subscription, should be SIM card since it is a 4G-Router. We have not fiber nor DSL.

Even at the beginning of the month with full data we have this issue.
Reputatie 6
OK, from this info, it could still be that the mobile/4G connection isn't interrupted, but that it is the WiFi connection that drops often. Have you looked at the session time in the b618s-22d after you have been reconnected?

An older type Huawei 4Gmodemrouter that was provided by T-Mobile for its '4G voor Thuis' subscription could crash or deadlock its WiFi under some circumstances, I don't know if this is likely to happen for the b618s-22d.

If you have updated the software of the b618s-22d, what is then then version of it? And where did you get that software/firmware from?

If you already know that the WiFi is stable, but that the problem in somewhere in the mobile connection, what is the APN that you are using?

You could also put the SIMcard in a smartphone that is in hotspot mode, so effectively replacing the b618s-22d for some time as a test.
No, I haven't checked the session time after disconnection not sure how to do it neither why.

I made a mistake, I meant the device says it's up to date in the settings.

I don't think WiFi is really stable, but even though the bitrate is dropping I don't see why devices should be disconnected. We are 3 connected on this router, smartphones and computer. All of them are disconnected when it happens.

I'm going to try with the SIMcard in a smartphone that is in hotspot mode.

Reageer