Beantwoord

Bridge/DMZ for Google Wifi + Zyxel VMG8825-T50

• 3 October 2020
  • 3 reacties
  • 1067 Bekeken

I connect all my devices to the internet using Google WiFi via the T-Mobile Zyxel VMG8825-T50.

Recently I’ve been having connectivity issues and after sending diagnostic logs and a long support session with the Google Wifi Support, the identified problem (something about a DHCP timeout) can be fixed by enabling bridge / DMZ on the T-Mobile device. 

I called and searched the community but can’t find the right post to help me do this. 

Can someone kindly point me in the right direction. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 3 October 2020, 10:53

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @abbatykori 

Google WiFi cannot be directly connected to the Zyxel since Google WiFi doesn't support VLAN tagging so it will not work correctly

You need to have a managed switch between the Zyxel and Google WiFi to seperate the VLANS. Also see this topic :

https://community.t-mobile.nl/t-mobile-thuis-internet-492/modem-in-bridge-modus-met-google-nest-wifi-324291

Bridge mode is not possible and DMZ will not help.

Thank you @Waqqas 

This turned out a bit more complicated than I expected. 

My understanding so far is that the need to separate the signal is because the data that comes from the fibre is for internet and TV. 

If I only have an internet plan, do you know if this would solve the problem?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@abbatykori 

The Zyxel still has a tagged VLAN 300 for all ports so as mentioned in the link in my first post there are 2 options, use a second router or use a switch.

Reageer