Beantwoord

How to connect to fiber optic

• 10 October 2022
  • 9 reacties
  • 213 Bekeken

Hello,

I moved and on the new place I see fiber optic connect point on the wall. Move ordered on 14.10. I’ve received an email from T-Mobile that I can connect myself on 13.10. Sounds great but I have no idea how to connect there because I don’t have any fiber optic cords in my T-Mobile box and I don’t know how to do it properly.

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 10 October 2022, 14:28

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Dmytro Stepanenko 

Fiber is always installed by a Guidion expert, have you made an appointment with Guidion for the installation?

Someone else also received a message that he can install it by himself (Fiber). Normally you can only instal DSL by yourself.

Hello @Dmytro Stepanenko 

Fiber is always installed by a Guidion expert, have you made an appointment with Guidion for the installation?

Someone else also received a message that he can install it by himself (Fiber). Normally you can only instal DSL by yourself.

Hello @Waqqas ,

no, I don’t have an appointment. Can I do it through the t-mobile?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Dmytro Stepanenko

Are you sure you ordered Fiber? Or did you order DSL? You can check the T-Mobile postcodecheck to check if Fiber or DSL is available at the address.

And in the package is there a grey DSL cable or a mediaconverter?

@Dmytro Stepanenko

Are you sure you ordered Fiber? Or did you order DSL? You can check the T-Mobile postcodecheck if Fiber or DSL is available at the address?

And in the package is there a grey DSL cable or a mediaconverter?

1. I registered move
  2. On my previous address was DSL, on my current address is fiber optic. I checked it with postcode on kpn site (t-mobile says that it’s not available yet) and I see it physically on the wall in the living room.
  3. I’ve receive the email from T-mobile that I can connect myself 13.10

At this point I have a question - how can I connect myself if I don’t have a cord for that? What should I do to connect? What is next step?
What regards DSL - I don’t see the socket where I can connect

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Dmytro Stepanenko 

If there is Fiber available at the new address according to the postcodecheck then you should have received an email to make an appointment with Guidion.

@Waqqas T-mobile site says that fiber is not available. KPN says that it’s available. I didn’t receive an email to make appointment. I don’t see DSL socket anywhere.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Dmytro Stepanenko

Look for any of these in the fusebox, livingroom or somewhere else :

Simply connect your DSL cable to it end the other end goes in the DSL port of your modem.

The line will be activated on 13 October before 18:00.

oof, I found the old socket behind the furniture. Seems like nobody used it for ages.

Thank you for the help

Reputatie 7

Hi @Dmytro Stepanenko, yay - I'm really happy to read that you found the old socket! 🎈 Nice work, thanks for exploring. If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

Reageer