New connection keeps dropping

• 28 October 2023
  • 16 reacties
  • 254 Bekeken

Reputatie 1

Hello all. Excuses for using English.

I switched my fiber to Odido from KPN and my connection has been setup yesterday by Guidion technician.Since then my connection keeps dropping. All lights are green but there is no internet, only fixed by turning the modem off and on again. Here is the timeline of events:

• Guidion technician connected modem around 10:00 am
  • Internet dropped around 11:10 am. I thought that is normal and restarted modem.
  • Internet dropped again around 14:50. This time I called the customer service and explained the situation. They told me other customers also experience this and there is nothing I can do on my side. They added a note. I restarted the modem.
  • I started searching the issue on community forums and found that it is related with T-56 modem. exampleexampleexample
  • Internet dropped around 12:50 pm midnight. I restarted modem.
  • On the morning I woke up around 10:00 am and there was no internet and internet light was red. I restarted the modem and it is fixed.

Based on this I would like to try with T-54 modem as well as I believe this will fix the problem. Otherwise I am planning to withdraw from my new subscription since I still have time to cancel.

I saw @tommie-van-odido was helpful on other posts.

Thank you.

Tommie van Odido 6 maanden geleden

Hi @GDemirhan, welcome to our Community!
I'm happy to help you with this. Is it about wifi, wired connection or both? Could you test the modem for me for three days? Make sure you don't manually reboot or reset the modem. Then after those three days, I can see if the modem breaks down or the connection goes down. Could you make a note of the date and times of the outages and report them? This is because then I can fully investigate it and take follow-up steps! Thanks in advance. 

Bekijk origineel

16 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @GDemirhan, welcome to our Community!
I'm happy to help you with this. Is it about wifi, wired connection or both? Could you test the modem for me for three days? Make sure you don't manually reboot or reset the modem. Then after those three days, I can see if the modem breaks down or the connection goes down. Could you make a note of the date and times of the outages and report them? This is because then I can fully investigate it and take follow-up steps! Thanks in advance. 

Reputatie 1

Hello Tommy, thank you for your answer. The problem occurs both on wired and wifi.

I also found some attacks on the security log like this post is saying. Post I think this might be the root cause of the problem.

I will track the outages during these 3 days and reply this post on Tuesday again then. Is it okay if I turn it off and on again to get the internet when it  fails?

thanks.

Best

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @GDemirhan 

These attacks mentioned in the log are not the cause for the problems, the firewall blocks all attempts to enter your network and you'll see a message of that in your log.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Thanks @GDemirhan! If you turn it on and off, this will show on the log. Could you try not to reboot it? Only if it is really necassary.

Reputatie 1

Okay. I never did hard reset so far. Only turning it off and on is fixing the problem.

I will monitor it.

Thanks.

Reputatie 1

Hello @Tommie van Odido here is the outage log:

October 30, 2023

• internet_reachable was disconnected 3:37:16 PM - 24 minutes ago
  • internet_reachable was disconnected 3:18:01 PM - 43 minutes ago
  • internet_reachable was disconnected 12:35:30 PM - 3 hours ago
  • internet_reachable was disconnected 12:19:44 PM - 4 hours ago
  • internet_reachable was disconnected 5:19:27 AM - 11 hours ago
  • internet_reachable was disconnected 1:39:56 AM - 14 hours ago

October 29, 2023

• internet_reachable was disconnected 6:49:09 PM - 21 hours ago
  • internet_reachable was disconnected 4:23:38 PM - Yesterday
  • internet_reachable was disconnected 5:58:04 AM - Yesterday

October 28, 2023

• internet_reachable was disconnected 10:42:59 PM - 2 days ago
  • internet_reachable was disconnected 8:36:13 PM - 2 days ago

I believe it is enough information to check what can cause the problem. It is very annoying that my personal server and smart home devices keep disconnecting because of modem restarts.

I would like to know if you honestly think there is a solution to this problem, otherwise I will not waste time and withdraw my switch to Odido and go back to my old provider.

Thank you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @GDemirhan, thanks for testing!

I have decided to send a mechanic by. You will soon receive a message to schedule an appointment with Guidion. Would you like to give us feedback on this after the time? Thanks in advance! 

Reputatie 1

Hello Tommie, thank you.

While investigating yesterday I have unplugged my Hue lights and the connection didn’t dropped for whole night. Now I will plug them and configure again to see if it will cause the problem again.

Do you know what is the maximum device count that T-56 modem handle? If this is the cause I might need to buy my own router as well.

Best.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @GDemirhan, the maximum clients for the Zyxel is 32 per band. 32 for the 2,4 GHz and 32 for the 5 GHz band. This also applies to our acces points. You can increase your number of clients through our acces points. 

@Tommie van Odido I have exactly the same issue. My connection is just connected today and since then it constantly drops connection, when I close and open modem it starts working again. It keeps happening every half an hour/hour. I also have T-56 modem, as far as I read the community this is a common issue with this modem. I need this issue to be solved as soon as possible because I am working remotely and I need to join zoom meetings all day. I have already used 50% percent of my mobile internet due to this reason as connection from Odido is not usable. I have been using KPN for 3 years and never had an issue like this.

Reputatie 1

@Tommie van Odido I had the technician this morning and he said everything looks okay on signals. He configured some settings for the modem and told me it might be the problem. Also told me to contact customer support and ask for the new modem if it happens again cause he created a ticket.

Around 7 hours later connection dropped again so I reached out to customer support. Told them it might be because of T-56 and I want an T-54 modem. Agent told me that there is no guarantee that I will get old modem, possibly I will get T-56 again, but he made a note of it.

After my phone talk the connection dropped 3 more times and it was impossible to work. I tried to activate the internet voucher he gave me but it didn’t work either. So now I am using my mobile data for everything basically.

If I don’t get any updates or internet until tomorrow night I have to cancel everything cause this is becoming worse instead of improving.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @GDemirhan, thanks for your update. Indeed, the mechanic indicated that everything was left working. You could also possibly purchase a wifi point, I'm guessing this could also solve a lot for you. I can also send you a new modem, perhaps there is a fault in the modem. 

Reputatie 1

@Tommie van Odido  I don’t understand what do you mean by wifi point? When the connection drops wired connection drops as well.

As my first post indicates there are other people having the same problem and having it fixed using T-54. Looks like the main problem is the modem, so it would be good if you send a T-54 for me?

Also how can I make my internet voucher work? Texting it to 2244 didn’t work.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @GDemirhan 

The voucher can be activated on a Odido (prepaid) simcard or a Ben simcard.

Reputatie 1

Hello @GDemirhan 

The voucher can be activated on a Odido (prepaid) simcard or a Ben simcard.

I already have a Odido simcard, and texting the code in capital letters to 2244 doesn’t do anything.

Reputatie 5
Badge +4

Hi @GDemirhan, at the moment we have an issue where you won't receive a confirmation SMS after activating the voucher. No worries, despite the fact that you're not receiving a confirmation, the voucher is still activated! I have double checked it for you and I see that you are using internet from the voucher now on your mobile number and your monthly bundle is not affected. 

Reageer