Beantwoord

Not getting DHCP lease (Hilversum)

• 15 February 2023
  • 6 reacties
  • 79 Bekeken

DHCP lease on the fiber connection expired at 20:33 and I have not received a renewal from the network yet, more than an hour now.

Looks like traffic is going out, and nothing coming back from the network.

Anyone else having issues?

JE

icon

Beste antwoord door Who-Els 16 February 2023, 11:35

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Who-Els 

Have you restarted the mediaconverter by removing the power for a bit?

And have you connected the T-Mobile router to the mediaconverter or your own router? Connect the T-Mobile router in that case.

Hello @Who-Els 

Have you restarted the mediaconverter by removing the power for a bit?

And have you connected the T-Mobile router to the mediaconverter or your own router? Connect the T-Mobile router in that case.

Morning,

Have been using my own router for years with the SFP directly in the router, no issues until now.

Phoned the helpdesk and they see the link and all is good, they want to send an engineer.

Stopped using the provider router when the thing kept rebooting many many moons ago.

Luckily I also have Ziggo in bridge mode, so could just failover to that line.

If this is a DHCP lease issue on the network, they should find more customers dropping out as the leases expire.

Can you maybe just check what is the default lease time please?

Will keep monitoring and hopefully this resolves on the network.

Thank you,

JE

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Who-Els 

T-Mobile will always ask you to connect their router and mediaconverter before they can check anything from their side. After the issue is fixed you can switch back to your own setup.

Mod edit:

@Who-Els

T-Mobile will always ask you to connect their router and mediaconverter before they can check anything from their side. After the issue is fixed you can switch back to your own setup.

Then I will do that, thank you.

Okay, sorry….

Dug out the DrayTek modem and moved the SFP and line back to that, and all looks fine…

Which means I either have a dodgy SFP or fiber flylead…

Have now ordered spares…

Thank you for the help!

JE

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Who-Els 

If resetting your own router and setting it up for T-Mobile ingednet is easy for tou, you could try that. It can resoove the issue..

Also if you want to Draytek to be swapped for a mediaconverter and Zyxel, a moderator can do this for you.

Reageer