One year after and still no fiber connection.

• 28 September 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 26 Bekeken

• is een Top Poster
  • 5 reacties

Hello,

I created an order for a fiber connection nearly a year ago. The house association has given approval and the fiber is installed outside but the fiber installation provider (OpenDutchFiber) is not responding back to emails or willing to help at all.

How is it acceptable to have to wait for a year+ to have fiber installed?

Tommie van Odido 7 maanden geleden

Hi @slowr, I am happy to give you some more clarity on your delivery. This is a new fibre-optic installation and high-rise building. For high-rise buildings, a lot has to be done and therefore takes longer. We have to get permission from the CoE to work with an elevated work platform. In addition, the district exchange has to be fully delivered and the civil works completed. To be sure, I have pulled our fibre-optic department by the digital sleeve to call you and give you an update on the situation. Keep a close eye on your phone, if they can't reach you they will always leave you a voicemail! 

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @slowr, I am happy to give you some more clarity on your delivery. This is a new fibre-optic installation and high-rise building. For high-rise buildings, a lot has to be done and therefore takes longer. We have to get permission from the CoE to work with an elevated work platform. In addition, the district exchange has to be fully delivered and the civil works completed. To be sure, I have pulled our fibre-optic department by the digital sleeve to call you and give you an update on the situation. Keep a close eye on your phone, if they can't reach you they will always leave you a voicemail! 

Hi @Tommie van Odido , the building is 3 stories high so I am not sure what you mean by high-rise (which is usually 6+ stories) and the civil works are completed since September 2022. I'm just buffled that there isn't any update from the fiber company even though I asked repeatedly in emails and got ignored.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@slowr all buildings that are 2 stories or higher are considerd highrise. For this, we need several approvals to make the installation a reality. I have notified Fiber, they are going to give you an update on this!

Reageer