Only 100mb link from the fiber bridge

Hello everyone,

Recently, I had a Gigabit fiber connection installed by a technician. The technician installed the modem and the Zyxel active fiber bridge, but I have only been getting a 100mb full duplex link from the bridge to the Zyxel modem. I mentioned this to the technician, and he assured me that it was just an activation phase that would pass. However, it's been three weeks, and I still haven't been able to receive a full gigabit connection.

Before the technician's visit, I was successfully able to connect the modem to an Ethernet cable running from the old KPN media converter and receive a Gigabit connection. However, the technician told me that he has to install the Zyxel bridge instead of the KPN media converter because KPN tends to crash that media converter if they saw another provider on the line using their equipment. Nevertheless, even after connecting other CAT 6 cables from the bridge directly to my laptop with VLan set to 300, I am still unable to get a Gigabit connection.

I suspect that there might be a misconfiguration or miss-provisioning on the bridge that caused this. Unfortunately, I don't know how to access it. I believe it's only possible for the Odido team to re-provision or reconfigure it.

Has this ever happened to anyone? I’ve already called the customer service 4 days ago and went through their diagnostic with a lot of screenshots but I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do to speed things up a little bit since I work from home a lot.

Nora van Odido 1 maand geleden

Hi @iamalireza, I have looked into it for you and I see that you have also contacted our customer service. My colleague made a ticket for you and has sent this to our technical department. They will now look into this for you and see if they can figure out what the cause of this is. As soon as there's an update in the ticket, we will inform you about it! 

Bekijk origineel

16 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @iamalireza 

Have you tried different cables between mediaconverter and router instead of laptop?

Connect a laptop to the router and in your browser go to 192.168.1.1, log in with admin and the Login Password behind your router. Under systeeminformatie you'll see the speed between mediaconverter and router.

Hi @Waqqas,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I tried with a few ones that I have and I’m sure that they are capable of a gigabit connection. I also tried the one that was included in the modem box and the one in the media converter box connected to the modem.

Sorry for not including a screenshot of the system information page on the modem on the original post, I’m new here.

Reputatie 5
Badge +4

Hi @iamalireza, I have looked into it for you and I see that you have also contacted our customer service. My colleague made a ticket for you and has sent this to our technical department. They will now look into this for you and see if they can figure out what the cause of this is. As soon as there's an update in the ticket, we will inform you about it! 

Hi @Nora van Odido !

The technician gave me a visit today and he tried replacing both the modem and the media converter but still I was not able to achieve a gigabit connection and the speed remained at 100mbps.

He said that he would send a report to Odido and I would have to wait again for the Odido back office to take a look at the issue and that a response could be expected within two business days.

However, based on past experience, where it took nearly a week for Odido to provide an update, I find this very hard to believe.

It has been almost a month since the internet was installed and so far it has been an awful experience and I’m not happy with Odido at all! 

I work from home most of the time and it’s vital for me to have a good internet connection. I mentioned this many times during my calls to customer service but here I am again asking for this issue to be resolved! Therefore, I respectfully request that this matter be escalated for prompt resolution as fast as possible, as I am almost regretting my decision to order from Odido while I have other options.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @iamalireza, thanks for the update. I immediately went to check for you and indeed see that the technician has created a ticket for you. Our techs will do everything they can to resolve this for you as soon as possible. At the moment, I have to wait for the ticket and hopefully our technician will have the fix for this.  

Hi there @Tommie van Odido 

Today, I received yet another email asking for the same screenshots I did the first time when I reported the issue, even though the technician report already confirmed that the connection speed remained at 100mbps! I sent the screenshots anyway, but I truly think that this was unnecessary!

I am writing to check if you have any updates on this issue. If it will take another month to fix and Odido is unable to fix it in a short amount of time, please let me know.

Thank you for your help.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Can you provide the speed test @iamalireza? We need the tests to put this through so we can fix it.

Sure, yesterday I sent it to internet.service@odido.nl as well

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Could you provide the rest of the steps in the document @iamalireza?

De instructies hiervoor vind je op onze website.

Volg alle stappen alsjeblieft zorgvuldig, graag de screenshots in het topic delen in plaats van naar onze e-mail. Een aanvraag met ontbrekende stappen kunnen we niet in behandeling nemen.

Sure.

I would also like to draw your attention again to the screenshot I sent earlier in the topic from the modem’s systeminformatie page which shows that the link from the media converter to the modem is 100mbps.

I think it is obvious from the many screenshots I sent with email and here, that this issue has nothing to do with any device that is connected to the modem and there’s something wrong with the media converter.

I would appreciate it if you could take a look at the configuration/registration on the media converter remotely if you can. I saw in another topic that you did a re-rigged that helped. @Tommie van Odido 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

What kind of cable is connected between the mediaconverter and modem @iamalireza? It needs to be at least a Cat5e cable or higher. This looks like a Cat5 cable that can only support 100 Mbit/s. 

The cable connected between the media converter and the modem is Cat6 as mentioned in the initial post. I was able to receive full Gigabit connection when I used the KPN media converter along with the same cable.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Could you try a different cable @iamalireza? If one connector is damaged or not connecter properly, the fiber will not get the full speed. 

I tried several cables, including those from the media converter and modem boxes, but the connection speed remains at 100mbps.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Thanks @iamalireza, I have forwarded it to our technicians. Hopefully, we can find the cause and fix it.

Reageer