Beantwoord

Only Wifi signal keeps falling out, Internet and TV still works

• 29 December 2020
  • 3 reacties
  • 139 Bekeken

Hey there,

so I switched internet providers 2 weeks ago. I’m using glass fiber and have a tv hooked onto lan3. 
Anyway, the wifi signal keeps falling out. Sometimes for a few seconds, other times it can go up to 5-10min. From my understanding it’s just the wifi signal that is falling off because the tv keeps working even if my laptop is not getting any signal.
I’ve tried a number of things, changing the lease time, changing the channel of the wifi, restoring and what not. Alas, with no effect.
I’ve been looking up as well for firmware updates to the modem but apparently it’s not possible to manually update the machine from my end.
Suggestions are welcome at this point. Don’t think I’ll be making calls to t-mobile, they know even less than I do!

Cheers,

icon

Beste antwoord door damagedgoodsm 31 December 2020, 15:50

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

Hi @damagedgoodsm Welcome at the Community! The firmware updates are done automatically from our end when a new update is ready. Great that you tried a lot to make the Wifi work good yourself before reaching out to us! Have you also tried some of the tips in this topic? Just to make sure, I checked the modem to find something in the Internet signal, but there are no problems to be seen like expected since the TV is working. Is there also a pattern in when the Wifi is dropping? 

Hi @damagedgoodsm Welcome at the Community! The firmware updates are done automatically from our end when a new update is ready. Great that you tried a lot to make the Wifi work good yourself before reaching out to us! Have you also tried some of the tips in this topic? Just to make sure, I checked the modem to find something in the Internet signal, but there are no problems to be seen like expected since the TV is working. Is there also a pattern in when the Wifi is dropping? 

Thanks for reaching out.
I was messing around with the 802.11 mode yesterday and there haven’t been any signal outages for the last 24h.
I hope this was the solution. I’ll keep you posted.
Cheers,

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

I hope so too. If the Wifi drop is back, you can always contact us again in this topic! We will try to find another solution for you. :wink:

Reageer