T-Mobile internet installation

• 24 November 2020
  • 10 reacties
  • 240 Bekeken

Hey, anyone else have issues with getting the internet installed by T-Mobile. A technician called and was unable to fix the issue. They said i would be contacted by KPN but no word yet and when I contacted KPN they knew nothing about the issue either. This is week 4 since I received my t-mobile connection pack and I am probably further then ever from receiving internet.

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @davymc ,

You can call the customerservice at number: 0800 0092. They are able to help you and they are able to instruct KPN to contact you when necessary.

Hello @soepkip67 ,

I rang that number on Friday. They knew nothing about the request to follow up on the connection. I rang T-Mobile back and told them, they said KPN should know. So I'm stuck in the middle with two companies who are saying neither can do anything. It is like the two companies are not talking to each other. And I fear if they at some stage do start talking I will have to wait another week or two for someone to call to attempt the repair. I'm already a month waiting at the moment.

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @davymc ,

That is not the reaction you expect from customerservice. You now have to wait till a meber from T-Mobile react to your topic.

I can't help you any further i am also a customer .

Hi @soepkip67, Yes it is poor from customer service. At the moment I have no idea if the problem going to be worked on. If I get back onto T-Mobile they will just say ring the number which is proving to be pointless.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @davymc, welcome to the Community!

There seems to be something wrong with the main distribution. The grid operator (KPN NetwerkNL) has been instructed to perform a port-move in order for the connection to be fully operable. I completely understand your frustration, but can guarantee that our technical support department has indeed forwarded your case to KPN. We're now waiting on them to successfully finalize the port-move. Once that has been completed, you'll have a working connection. The average processing time fluctuates between five to ten working days, depending on the matter at hand. I sincerely hope that your case will be treated with the utmost urgency.

KPN should be processing the request as we speak. Once it's been completed, you'll receive an email regarding the status and solution. Hope this helps! 

My apologies for us having been somewhat lackluster in our communication towards you. That should never occur and doesn't help the situation at all. 

I see that you haven't registered a T-Mobile mobile phone number in your customer profile yet, do you by chance have a SIM card from T-Mobile (prepaid or subscription)? If so, I would like to offer you an Unlimited Internet voucher for seven days. Then you can still have unlimited online access via a mobile hotspot. That makes working from home a tad more enjoyable. Don't have a T-Mobile SIM card yet? No problem! Go to your nearest T-Shop, buy a prepaid ticket and send me your proof of purchase in this topic (with any personal details blackened of course). I will then ensure that you are reimbursed for the purchase amount of € 10.00 on a subsequent invoice and that you will receive a voucher from me by private message.
Can I help you with that? Let me know and I'll fix it straight away!

Hi @Jason,

Some good news as have secured a technician for a two hour appointment today from 10am - 12pm. Hopefully it can be sorted as I have to leave work again to meet them and also as this is the fifth week without internet since the T-Mobile package arrived. Luckily my boss is somewhat understanding of the situation.

I don't have a T-Mobile sim but I may pick one up the weekend. I will let you know if I can get to a store.

Hi @Jason,

So the saga continues… No Internet. The technician that came at 11.55am and attempted to fix the connection. There was a problem straight away, he was from the wrong company. He was actually from the same company who came to the apartment the 1st time and could not fix the problem, as the problem is down on the street cabinet of which he had no access. I am now awaiting a phone call from a mysterious number and from this call I will apparently either be getting another technician visit time and date or the opportunity to book an technician. This call can take up to 5 days to arrive. Looks like this issue will be going into 6 working weeks to resolve, and still no closer to internet.

Hi @Jason,

I went to a T-Mobile shop today to pick the sim card for my phone. I was told that T-Mobile shops do not have any sim cards in stock and they have to be sent out from the online store. So no internet this weekend either. :rolling_eyes:

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @davymc, the saga continues indeed, that's rather unfortunate. I'm very sorry it hasn't been fixed yet! Can you order a SIM card via our website? Please use this page to order one straight away: Prepaid Sim Only

The call you'll be receiving is from the grid operator, should they require to make an appointment. Oftentimes their technicians can fix issues in the distribution center (street cabinet) without making an appointment, since it’s not an in-home issue. 

Hi @Jason I just got a bill for 48euro. Since I still have no internet it cant be for that, can you check what this bill is for?

Reageer