T56 Modem freezes randomly and not works again until turn off/turn on

• 6 November 2023
  • 6 reacties
  • 84 Bekeken

Hi, sorry for English.

I have just switched from KPN fiber to Odido fiber. My connection is installed on 2nd of November and since then T56 Modem keeps freezing randomly. Once it freezes, internet connection drops, impossible to connect to Wifi, impossible to connect to modem via ethernet cable and not possible to enter modem admin panel and it never comes back until I turn off and turn on the modem. Once turned off and on everything comes back immediately without an issue. 

I have contacted the support on the first day (2nd of November) about the issue. They told me to wait and note every drop, which I did, and they told me that they will call me back today (6th of November). Which they didn’t and I call them back instead now they told me to wait 5 more days. Which is unacceptable, I am a software engineer and working remotely, I need to be online whole day without interruptions as I am always on zoom meetings and relying on working internet connection. I have smart home setup which controls all my heating and lights, it is impossible to control my heating/lights without network, which it would work with local network as well but not working due to the modem freezes not only internet connection drops.

I have been reading the community and I see that lots of people having exactly the same issue with this modem and I don’t understand why Customer service keep us waiting although the issue is obviously with Modem and I just need a modem replacement with T54.

I have been using KPN fiber with the same connection and never had a single issue with in 3 years, so I am pretty sure my connection is not the issue.

Please help me to get a replacement T54 modem, I need this issue to be fixed as soon as possible as it affects my work. 

Sven-Odido 6 maanden geleden

Hi @ardaogulcan

The reboot that just happend was from our side. We had to do a couple of more adjustments to solve the problem. Please let me know who it goes the coming days. 

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @ardaogulcan

I just made some changes to your modem. This should resovle the problem you are having. Can you check if it will be stable the coming days? 

Thanks @Sven-Odido, I will be checking. Hope it is fixed. 🙏

Ook ik heb sinds een tijd zelfde probleeM. Dacht gaat wel weg maar komt nu om de 5 min voor 

modem start reboot telkens maar weer geen WiFi geen vaste bekabeld internet. alles geprobeerd wat er staat.tv loopt vast. Heb veel geduld maar Ben het nu wel ZAT!!

graag hulp! Of deze rot modem afvoeren.  Community staat vol met dit issue. Vooral wat betreft de T56 modem

@Sven-Odido Hi, I thought the issue was gone, but no, I still have the issue.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @ardaogulcan

The reboot that just happend was from our side. We had to do a couple of more adjustments to solve the problem. Please let me know who it goes the coming days. 

Hey @Sven-Odido, I’ve been testing for couple of days and I can confirm that the issue is resolved. Thanks for the help I appreciate it. Another not so serious issue I have noticed is that my connection speed never passes 600mbps (with cat6 lan connection), although it is still quite good, it is not up to par with my subscription which is 1Gbps, with the same connection on KPN subscription I was able to see 900-1000mbps easily. Do you think there might be any issue on your side or in network?

Reageer