Beantwoord

Very slow download speed during the evening.

• 10 February 2022
  • 53 reacties
  • 947 Bekeken

Reputatie 1

Hello, 

For the past 2 evenings the download speed at our address is very slow. When tested against external services it’s slower than 5Mbps, usually over 500Mbps. 

The weird thing is that the upload speed is not affected, it is constantly over 400Mbps. 

I’ve tested with the speedtest from the tmobile website (https://www.t-mobile.nl/thuis/internet/speedtest) and up to this server there’s no problem (490 Mbps in the latest test).

Anybody else encountering a similar issue? I restarted the router and also tested connected through the wired connection. It also only happened during the evening, while working during the day the connection was stable.

Thanks.

icon

Beste antwoord door Boris 11 February 2022, 16:27

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

53 reacties

Reputatie 1

The same here in filmwijk noord, Almere.

Klantenservice could not find anything, so I had to email some screenshots. 

Today sent more screenshots, no solution yet

Reputatie 3

The same here in Almere Buiten. I actually tried to make a new post, but it doesn't allow me to do so for some reason.

"

Goedenavond,

Sinds 2 dagen merk ik dat mijn internetverbinding (download) in de avond van gemiddeld 900Mbps naar 3Mbps gaat. Ik heb glasvezel met een maximum van 10000 Mbps.

Ik heb op de website gekeken en er zijn geen lokale storingen bekend, maar op Allestoringen.nl heb ik gezien dat er meer mensen in de regio Almere hetzelfde probleem aangekaart hebben. Ik woon zelf in Buiten, maar heb meldingen gezien van Almere stad, Almere Poort en Almere Waterwijk .

Speedtest laat 3.21Mbps zien op download en 941Mbps op upload

Kan hier naar gekeken worden? 

Modem al gereset. NTE ook. Laptop direct op het modem aangesloten. 

Edit:
Just did a new speedtest

Reputatie 1

We have the problem in Almere Poort. Thought last evening was just a hiccup and didn’t pay too much attention. I’ll reach to customer support as well then, maybe they will fix it. It looks like one node might be routing traffic very slowly, the ping for tests is quite high, usually below 5ms but now it is above 25ms.

Thank you very much for the replies.

Reputatie 1

Screenshot from a normal test which usually is above 500Mbps for wireless tests -

On the tmobile website, 

Reputatie 1

Something interesting that I found is that when connected to a VPN service I got better download speeds. 

Reputatie 3

Screenshot from a normal test which usually is above 500Mbps for wireless tests -

On the tmobile website, 

Right, I had the same observation and indeed the T-Mobile speedtest shows far better results. I am indeed thinking that they have an issue with one of their nodes
I did some traces and the first hop out already shows a delay of 23 ms

If it normalizes tomorrow, I will do another trace out

Same here for me as well, also in Filmwijk, Almere. Download speed dropping down as low 3Mbps on the KPN test but the TMobile displaying a very optimistic 945Mbps.

Reputatie 3

My speed just went up to approx 30Mbps

rtd is also going down.

Reputatie 1

Two consecutive tests right now got much better results, without any vpn, same server used as before

Reputatie 3

Two consecutive tests right now got much better results, without any vpn, same server used as before

There are less people using the internet at this time. my ping also got a 5ms rtd . I am wondering if we are having capacity issues?

Reputatie 3

Just tested again. Speed is good around 3ms response and 940 Mbps on download.

Reputatie 1

It looks indeed that it’s still ok this morning. Around 5ms and 520Mbps on a wireless connection. 

I’ll contact support today to raise the issue with the data from this thread. 

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciate it.

Reputatie 3

@bogtato  if the speed drops tonight, can you do a tracert to let’s say kpn.com. I am wondering if you hit the same hop as I do and if you get the low ping response time towards that hop.

Don’t let support convince  you it is a l single problem. Various people all over Almere are having the same issue. Noticed  about 8 comments in Allestoringen.nl regarding this of people in different areas from within Almere.

Reputatie 1

Spoke with someone from support and provided them with the information. They mentioned that there was already a system outage which was reported and that they were aware of it but don’t have a time to resolution estimated yet. 

I’ll attach some tracert logs if the problem happens this evening as well, I remember I checked yesterday and indeed there was some big delay for the first hop but I forgot to save the logs.

Reputatie 1

op dit moment sinds lange tijd goede upload volgens t-mobile speedtest, maar download blijft ver achter, ik heb een gigabit glasvezel verbinding. de ookla speedtest geeft een omgekeerd beeld, maar nog steeds onvoldoende download snelheid

Reputatie 3

Spoke with someone from support and provided them with the information. They mentioned that there was already a system outage which was reported and that they were aware of it but don’t have a time to resolution estimated yet. 

I’ll attach some tracert logs if the problem happens this evening as well, I remember I checked yesterday and indeed there was some big delay for the first hop but I forgot to save the logs.

I have also opened a case with support. The lady confirmed the system outage in our area and told me that the technicians are working on it. I have asked for a reference. Also asked her if they could put the outage on their website.

same here, not anywhere near almere though (eindhoven region). Download speed is around 0.13mbps on a 1000mbps plan

Reputatie 7

Hello guys,

Thanks for your message to the Community and my apologies for the late reaction. Part of our customers in the region of Almere are experiencing issues with their downloadspeed. The issue is known and we're working hard to find reason and solution ASAP. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We'll keep you updated through this topic.

Reputatie 3

Hello guys,

Thanks for your message to the Community and my apologies for the late reaction. Part of our customers in the region of Almere are experiencing issues with their downloadspeed. The issue is known and we're working hard to find reason and solution ASAP. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We'll keep you updated through this topic.

Hi @Boris The speed went back down again around 1845. I am getting 3.98Mbps download

Trace to KPN  shows an RTD of 17ms against 4ms this morning 

Reputatie 1

Here in Almere stad filmwijk the download speed has dropped again as well

Bij ons is het in de avond ook bagger traag zelfs te traag om tv te kijken. Overdag gaat de snelheid omgoog tot ong 400 mbits modem heb  al diverse keren herstart.

Dit is al sids dinsdag avond jl.

Almere stedenwijk 

Gr, 

Steven 

Reputatie 3

I am on the phone with support. Maybe it is a good idea for open a case individually?

Reputatie 1

I have opened a case last Wednesday night, so there are several cases open. But apparently it is difficult to solve, then again it has only been since Tuesday the problem occurs..........

Reputatie 3

I am surprised that there are several cases open and they know about the outage and nothing is mentioned on the outage page.

Just spoke with someone from the first line and I was informed that they know there is a problem, but the outage cause hasn’t been identified yet. Their last update was from 1500CET this afternoon…...

Speeds are indeed poor, speedtests normally reach 900Mbps up and down.
Now upload is very poor (barely reaches 300Mbps).
I don't know what T-Mobile is doing but it seems they have made some changes this last week which result in very big bottlenecks on the network traffic.