Bad experience Odido Gouda

• 9 December 2023
  • 11 reacties
  • 174 Bekeken

I went to pickup my i phone 15 pro today. On arriving everything looked normal. I was greeted by a guy as usual. I provided my order details and they brought the iphone from inside. First comment was if I had a Greek business partner. I said yes and he said he was Greek as well, so I thought he was happy to see a Greek name. 

The problem started after he asked for my bank card. I used my personal bank card for the application but he refused to accept it and demanded for the business card. Luckily I had my business card with me and gave it to him. I still didnt get why he wanted my business card as the montly payment is still connected to my personal card.

Then he did some more verifications and asked questions which were weird but wont go into details. After that he started opening my iphone packet. I immediately asked him to stop saying he should not do it. The iphone was a surprise gift and we wanted the person to open it herself. But he gave the most absurd reason saying he is not sure if I would go out of the shop and come with an empty box saying there was no iphone inside. Basically he was saying if I was going to steal the iphone. I immediately objected saying if I had ordered it online they would have never opened it.  But he ignored what i said and opened everything anyways. I didn’t say much as we really needed the phone today.

I quickly finished the formalities and left. Now the question is I am neither Greek nor White. Now as an owner of a company I cannot fire my employees because they are white as it will affect their family kids etc. But it is also important to maintain a social balance atleast in the professional field. If there was other reason why the employee behaved that way we would like to know.

Regarding the iphone we are considering to return the phone and cancel the subscription as we still have 14 days to do so.

Marciano van Odido 5 maanden geleden

Hi Crosshat, welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in our shop in Gouda. This is not the service I'm used to from my colleagues in the shop and I wish I could've saved you this experience. About the comment on the Greek name. As my colleague is Greek, I assume he just tried to make a connection with you. We always love to do this with our customers.

I'm not 100% sure about the business card. You mentioned that you're a business owner, so this might have been the reason. Did you go for a business subscription?

The comment about coming back into the store saying there was no phone inside is not okay. My apologies for this. I'm not sure how he said it, so I will give my honest opinion from what I read. This could have been miscommunication or a poor choice of words. I assume my colleague's first language is not English and he meant it differently than how he said it. I asked one of my other colleagues who works in the shop if they usually open the boxes. He told me they don't always do this, but it's for the better if they do and they do this when they have the time. This way you can see that the phone is not damaged or it's not dead on arrival (DOA). I don't know how they work in that specific shop, but I think it's to show you that there's a good working phone inside. I remember them doing this for me as well (before I worked at Odido myself).

However, I think if you asked him specifically not to open the box, he shouldn't have opened it. 

If you want to share the (weird) questions my colleague asked, I'm happy to look into it and/or forward your message to the shop, so my colleagues can give us more information about it. This also goes for the question on opening the box. If you would like me to forward your message, please also give me an estimated time of when you were in the shop when this happened. 

I hope the woman who the iPhone was for is enjoying her brand-new iPhone, but if you wish to return it, you can use this page for the return form. If you have a business subscription, please go to this page.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. I'm here for you! 😄

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

No idea what your comments about beeing Greek are about.  In the first part you say " i have a greek business partner" it is suddenly racist and you are not greek or white?

Now for the return,  if you bought a subscription as a consumer, you can return an unused iPhone. If you ordered a business subscription, you can not cancel. 

No idea what your comments about beeing Greek are about.  In the first part you say " i have a greek business partner" it is suddenly racist and you are not greek or white?

Now for the return,  if you bought a subscription as a consumer, you can return an unused iPhone. If you ordered a business subscription, you can not cancel. 

Definitely you are a white guy and has no idea why I mentioned the Greek part in my comment. Nevertheless we have already signed the contract and if the contract says it cannot be cancelled we will stick to it. The idea is to bring into light the little tricks and discrimination people like you and your colleagues play in the business world. 

Definitely you are a white guy and has no idea why I mentioned the Greek part in my comment. Nevertheless we have already signed the contract and if the contract says it cannot be cancelled we will stick to it. The idea is to bring into light the little tricks and discrimination people like you and your colleagues play in the business world. 

BTW can we object that we were given a used iphone as we didnt even get to check if the seal was open.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

I lost you again. But remember, this is a customer talks to customer forum. So no "you and your collegues". I hope your friend enjoys the iPhone!

I lost you again. But remember, this is a customer talks to customer forum. So no "you and your collegues". I hope your friend enjoys the iPhone!

Definitely you and your colleague if you are not the same guy. I am a customer and I am creating awareness with my experience. So don’t show your useless attitude in a chat. Hope your company gives a proper customer service training not a cowbuy lesson that doesn’t work.

Definitely you and your colleague if you are not the same guy. I am a customer and I am creating awareness with my experience. So don’t show your useless attitude in a chat. Hope your company gives a proper customer service training not a cowbuy lesson that doesn’t work.

You sound like an employee of Odido disguised as client. Else no one has time for 5085 reactions in this forum as your profile says

Reputatie 4

An employee from Odido has behind the name "van Odido" The rest are costumers like you and me and eric.

Reputatie 4

You are counting the help to other costumers from Eric. 

You mean van Odido like this. 5000+ reactions will be like spending half of your life here unless you are an employee. So I have my own reasons to doubt. And I heard nothing from him regarding the behaviour of the sales guy which proves he is biased due to some reason.

Reputatie 4

Zoals de waard is vertrouwt hij zijn gasten.

Have a nice day.

Exit

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Crosshat, welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in our shop in Gouda. This is not the service I'm used to from my colleagues in the shop and I wish I could've saved you this experience. About the comment on the Greek name. As my colleague is Greek, I assume he just tried to make a connection with you. We always love to do this with our customers.

I'm not 100% sure about the business card. You mentioned that you're a business owner, so this might have been the reason. Did you go for a business subscription?

The comment about coming back into the store saying there was no phone inside is not okay. My apologies for this. I'm not sure how he said it, so I will give my honest opinion from what I read. This could have been miscommunication or a poor choice of words. I assume my colleague's first language is not English and he meant it differently than how he said it. I asked one of my other colleagues who works in the shop if they usually open the boxes. He told me they don't always do this, but it's for the better if they do and they do this when they have the time. This way you can see that the phone is not damaged or it's not dead on arrival (DOA). I don't know how they work in that specific shop, but I think it's to show you that there's a good working phone inside. I remember them doing this for me as well (before I worked at Odido myself).

However, I think if you asked him specifically not to open the box, he shouldn't have opened it. 

If you want to share the (weird) questions my colleague asked, I'm happy to look into it and/or forward your message to the shop, so my colleagues can give us more information about it. This also goes for the question on opening the box. If you would like me to forward your message, please also give me an estimated time of when you were in the shop when this happened. 

I hope the woman who the iPhone was for is enjoying her brand-new iPhone, but if you wish to return it, you can use this page for the return form. If you have a business subscription, please go to this page.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. I'm here for you! 😄

Reageer