Beantwoord

Can't transfer eSIM to new device because of 2FA

• 9 January 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 115 Bekeken

I recently traded in my old phone and got a new one back in the U.S. but wasn’t able to transfer my Dutch eSIM over. In brief, I need to get access to the QR code that allows me to put my eSIM on to my new device but I do not have the means to do so because I can’t verify 2FA since I no longer have access to that phone number. It’s important to note that I am in Portugal right now too so I can’t go into an Odido store where I can be assisted in person. I also can’t call Odido services because of how expensive international calls are.

Who can I contact online to give the necessary information to verify that I am the owner of the account and eSIM so that I can transfer it over to my new device? I have to sort out this issue over wifi so I am not charged an obscene amount over SMS and phone calls.

icon

Beste antwoord door Marciano van Odido 10 January 2024, 11:47

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi cbese, welcome to our Community! Portugal sounds lovely right now. It's not possible to download and activate a new eSIM while you're abroad. Are you staying there for a longer period of time or are you coming back to the Netherlands soon? If you still have your old phone, I recommend using that one for a bit longer, so you can use your current eSIM. If you plan on staying abroad longer (at least 4 months) it's wise to use a local sim card for the time being. Otherwise,you will get charged extra for unfair use of data abroad. 

If your staying less than 4 months in Portugal, but you want to use your new phone, the best option is to also get a local sim card during your stay. As soon as you come back to the Netherlands you will have no problem getting a new eSIM (online or in one of our shops)! 

If you have any questions, please let me know. Otherwise, I wish you a great time in Portugal! 😄

Same problem. I need to activate my e-sim from US. Please help!!

I no longer have my old phone. 

It is not a new e-sim. Just 2steps verification no longer works.

Hoe can I send a private email? Thanks

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @mfvanderpost, what happened to your old phone and sim? Could you get them back? Activating a new eSIM abroad is not possible for me. Are you staying abroad for a long time? Then it's best to buy a local sim card until you're back in the Netherlands to activate your (new) sim card.

Reageer