Beantwoord

outrageous extra charges

• 20 December 2023
  • 7 reacties
  • 171 Bekeken

I have a postpaid plan with Odido but in Finland at the moment. I made a call to a Finnish bank for about 8 mins, and was charged 103 euros. 

My contract with odido includes an unlimited call, unlimited internet and unlimited sms within the EU. Why such an outrageous charges for a 8 mins calls? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Marciano van Odido 20 December 2023, 16:55

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 4

Did you roam over a maritime network? Maybe on a ferry? Otherwise you should not have such costs.

No, I was calling from my house in the city of Vantaa on my sofa :D 

I am also shocked at such outrageous cost. What can I do?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Magician, welcome to our Community! Being at home in Vantaa, Finland sounds lovely. I looked into the costs and I believe the Finnish bank number uses a service number. This is the reason for the extra costs, because for other calls to Finnish numbers you didn't get charged extra costs. I understand that the charges come as a shock, however there's not much I can do about them. Please double check the phone numbers that you have to call while you're in Finland to avoid unexpected charges. I hope this clarifies things. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me. I'm here for you! 😄

Reputatie 4

So this bank charges €12 per minute when you phone them? sounds ridiculous.

The cost is ridiculous though. 

I received a call from Odido today, and I was informed to wait until the bill fully reflects the details of why it is so expensive, the present cost is merely an estimation, not the final. 

I hope the bill reduces. What makes it so disappointing is that I was put on waiting list, for an agent to pick up my call. I couldn't wait any longer, so I hanged up. And suddenly, I owe 103 euros. I didnt spoke to anybody, just music keeping me busy while I wait haha. 

Hi Magician, welcome to our Community! Being at home in Vantaa, Finland sounds lovely. I looked into the costs and I believe the Finnish bank number uses a service number. This is the reason for the extra costs, because for other calls to Finnish numbers you didn't get charged extra costs. I understand that the charges come as a shock, however there's not much I can do about them. Please double check the phone numbers that you have to call while you're in Finland to avoid unexpected charges. I hope this clarifies things. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me. I'm here for you! 😄

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Well, if the bank in Finland tries to make money with a premium number and put people on hold for so long that they hang up, it is a shame.. unfortunatly,  there was a connection. The telecom provider in Finland created that call detail record and that is what Odido charged you for.

Reputatie 4

Now I am curious about your final bill and who caused this outrageous costs. The bank, the finnish telecom provider or odido?

Reageer