Beantwoord

eSIM downloaden - page locked

• 20 March 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 85 Bekeken

I see there are multiple topics already posted for this issue but I’m not sure if everyone else managed to make it work in the end, and how exactly?. My problem is happening right now. I see “eSIM Downloaden” link on my odido page, but when I click on it, it says the page is locked. I’m doing it from my desktop browser. I was on the phone with odido customer service and they told me it is locked because of some maintenance and they cannot say how long this maintenance will last.

Is there a way to download this eSIM without going to the store?

Thanks

icon

Beste antwoord door shirazmalik 22 March 2024, 11:57

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

Hello @shirazmalik, welcome to our Community! It is true that there are some issues with activating your SIM card in your My Odido account. This is related to maintenance that has taken place and I see that it is currently still ongoing. Therefore, it is temporarily not possible to activate a SIM card/eSIM yourself via your My Odido account. I see in your account that an eSIM is indeed ready for activation, but it is important that you first scan the QR code with your phone. Did that work or was that also not possible (via a desktop version). Then I can activate the new eSIM for you! 

Hello @shirazmalik, welcome to our Community! It is true that there are some issues with activating your SIM card in your My Odido account. This is related to maintenance that has taken place and I see that it is currently still ongoing. Therefore, it is temporarily not possible to activate a SIM card/eSIM yourself via your My Odido account. I see in your account that an eSIM is indeed ready for activation, but it is important that you first scan the QR code with your phone. Did that work or was that also not possible (via a desktop version). Then I can activate the new eSIM for you! 

I am not able to even download the esim. It just keeps saying the page is locked. Is there a way you can send it to me over email? Once I am able to scan, then you can further help me with activation. 

For some reason, esim has always been a challenging are for odido. I hope the situation gets better soon and the users are able to manage esim themselves conveniently, which is the main purpose of having an esim in the first place :)

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

@shirazmalik  If it fails to scan the QR code from your eSIM, I'm afraid we'll have to wait and see anyway, until it can be done again. This really has to do with maintenance on our IT systems, which is still going on at the moment, and I also dare not say how long this will take. 

We cannot share the QR code with you any other way, when I order a new eSIM for you, the QR code will be ready for you in your My Odido account. But this page is currently locked, sorry! 

The quickest way is still to go to one of our stores, there my colleagues have new eSIMs with QR code ready for you. They can help you activate and pair a new eSIM right away! 

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know! 

So, the esim can't be downloaded from my odido page and you can not generate and send me the qr code by any other way. Interesting…

I always have to go to your store and that's when I really wonder what's the point of the esim? Unfortunately, this isn't the first time esim is giving me trouble and if I search through this forum, luckily I am not the only one. If it was some new technology,  I'd understand the hiccups, but that's also not the case.

I personally find this esim fiasco unacceptable. We all live a busy life and the last thing I want to worry about is downloading an esim.

Thanks for your help anyway. It's not your fault, but please do pass on this feedback to whoever is unable to fix this broken system. Perhaps hiring better engineers is in order?

Cheers,

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

@shirazmalik I understand that very well and of course I apologize for the inconvenience! We can only prepare the eSIM for you in your My Odido account, but due to IT maintenance it is not possible to activate it/scan the QR code yourself. 

I've checked again and I see that an update has come in the meantime. The work is still going on, but it is now possible to download and activate the eSIM again! I immediately checked your account with you (via a web browser) and I see that it is possible again. Could you scan the eSIM and activate it as well? If activation fails, please let me know when you have scanned the QR code with your device and I can activate it for you! 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

@shirazmalik I understand that very well and of course I apologize for the inconvenience! We can only prepare the eSIM for you in your My Odido account, but due to IT maintenance it is not possible to activate it/scan the QR code yourself. 

I've checked again and I see that an update has come in the meantime. The work is still going on, but it is now possible to download and activate the eSIM again! I immediately checked your account with you (via a web browser) and I see that it is possible again. Could you scan the eSIM and activate it as well? If activation fails, please let me know when you have scanned the QR code with your device and I can activate it for you! 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Thank you! I am able to download and activate the eSIM from my Odido portal.

Appreciate your help !!

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

@shirazmalik no problem and you're welcome! Again, apologies that it couldn't be done sooner. If there is anything else I can do for you, feel free to let me know. For now, I wish you a very beautiful day and a very nice weekend! 😇

Reageer