Beantwoord

Geen mobiele verbinding om msn te ontvangen in Vietnam.

• 11 January 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 61 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties

I want to receive text messages (msn) on my Dutch e-sim, and while the Odido website says I can receive msn for free while abroad in Vietnam (Zone 3) I do not have any signal here. I went through the customer support bot suggestions as far as I understood and I believe I do have any settings blocking the connection.

I received a text message from Odido when I first arrived, and have also been in Cambodia and Hong Kong and did not have any signal so I don't think location is the problem.

icon

Beste antwoord door Marciano van Odido 12 January 2024, 13:02

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Stefan, welcome to our Community! Vietnam sounds amazing. How do you like it? I looked into your account and I see a barring on roaming since today per Mijn Odido request. I assume this was a mistake while you were looking into the settings? I removed the barring for you. I also logged into your Mijn Odido account and I see that you don't have an active bundel for Vietnam. You can easily purchase one via Mijn Odido or by sending an SMS: PRIJS <VIETNAM> to 5545. In Vietnam you can then connect to the networks Viettel and VNPT. More on the prices in Vietnam you can find on this page.

Please let me know if you succeeded in activating a bundle for Vietnam. It's in Zone 3! 😊

Hi Stefan, welcome to our Community! Vietnam sounds amazing. How do you like it? I looked into your account and I see a barring on roaming since today per Mijn Odido request. I assume this was a mistake while you were looking into the settings? I removed the barring for you. I also logged into your Mijn Odido account and I see that you don't have an active bundel for Vietnam. You can easily purchase one via Mijn Odido or by sending an SMS: PRIJS <VIETNAM> to 5545. In Vietnam you can then connect to the networks Viettel and VNPT. More on the prices in Vietnam you can find on this page.

Please let me know if you succeeded in activating a bundle for Vietnam. It's in Zone 3! 😊

I had to ask my father who's in the Netherlands to text PRIJS VIETNm to 5545 (because I don't have cellular connection to send texts) and the response was the same as the Odido website:

It says I can call the EU for 2,29 p/m, receive calls for 1,02 p/m, send sms’ for 0,52 per, and I can receive sms’ for free.

Then, afterwards, it says “Care-free mobile internet? Turn on mobile data and buy the Travel & Surf etc etc”. This means I can receive sms for free without any changes to my Odido subscription.

Your answer says different. Does that mean the Odido website and its text-response is wrong?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Stefan, the information in the SMS is correct. I see now that you have a Go subscription. The information on the website that I sent you is only for our new Hello subscriptions, sorry! Receiving SMS is indeed free. However, you will still need to connect to one of the networks in Vietnam (Viettel or VNPT) and you need an active bundle there. Buying a bundle / Trafel & Surf doesn't change your Odido subscription. It just adds a bundle for you to use in Vietnam. You can do this in the app or via this page.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm here to help! 

My Dutch reading comprehension is fine for Dutch Governemt websites but apparently the Odido app is too much for me because all I see is Internet Op Reis. The only “Extra's” (which I assume are the bundles you decsribe) don't offer anything related to gaining access to cellular connection, just making 120 extra minutes of phone cals, and I don't see Travel & Surf anywhere. Maybe the webpage you linked has more options, but I can't access that, because I can't receive the confirmation code Odido texts to me, because… I don't have cellular connection (meaning no bars shown on my phone).

I paid for a day of Internet op Reis because that's the closest thing I could see, but obviously that did nothing because….. I don't have cellular connection (and it's not internet I want anyway). So that was a nice way to spend 9.99 euros.

I appreciate you taking the time to try and help, but I think neither of us know what the problem is. I'll just have to wait until I'm back in the Netherlands and avoid this issue in the future.

Reageer