Beantwoord

No service abroad and on work trip

• 6 February 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 172 Bekeken

I switched to Odido from Vodafone last month due to their plans offering roaming in the U.S. Last week I was in Switzerland and Italy for work and had no service. No calls, texts or internet. So yesterday I called Odido customer support and they issued me a new eSIM. Today I’m in the U.S. on another work trip and having the same issue! This is completely unacceptable as I can’t be without a phone and travel for work every week. Please help immediately or refund my money and let me out of my contract. 

icon

Beste antwoord door abiller18 6 February 2024, 17:04

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Hi Abiller, welcome to our Community! Traveling for work sounds amazing. I've looked into your account and I see that there was a barring on international roaming. I just removed it for you. I'm not sure why you had to get a new eSIM, because it should work now after removing the barrings. In the US you can connect to the networks T-Mobile and AT&T. If you don't have a connection within 30 minutes, please restart your phone. Please let me know if you have connection now! 😄

That worked! Thank you for the quick reply. I’m not sure why the rep on the phone didn’t realize this before. They told me that “eSIM was a bad technology and I should get a regular SIM” and suggested a new eSIM would be the solution. I’ve been using eSIM for 3 years since I have a US iPhone and they don’t offer a physical SIM so I knew this wasn’t the case. Maybe it is a good idea for you to offer an internal knowledge base and inform the phone reps on how to remove these blocks.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi @abiller18 

Vowifi calling does not work while roaming. While roaming you can choose between several different mobile networks. Of course, “Whatsapp calling” should work.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Abiller, welcome to our Community! Traveling for work sounds amazing. I've looked into your account and I see that there was a barring on international roaming. I just removed it for you. I'm not sure why you had to get a new eSIM, because it should work now after removing the barrings. In the US you can connect to the networks T-Mobile and AT&T. If you don't have a connection within 30 minutes, please restart your phone. Please let me know if you have connection now! 😄

One remaining question, it doesn’t appear as wifi calling is working. Is there a block on my account for that too?

Ah ok thank you!

Reageer