Beantwoord

Not receiving sms while abroad

• 29 January 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 113 Bekeken

Hi

I am unable to receive any sms while I am abroad (outside eu). Could you let me know how I can fix it?

icon

Beste antwoord door eric 2 February 2024, 14:08

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Roaming is enabled 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Adithya, welcome to our Community. I hope you're having a good time in India! I've looked into it for you and I don't see any barrings on your account. I see you have a data bundle (Pink Zone) and receiving SMS should be free and it should be working. Are you connected to the network Bharti Airtel? Everything should work if you're connected to this network. Please let me know.

If it still doesn't work, please test this for me by sending an SMS to us: PRIJS INDIA to 5545. I'd love to hear from you! 😄

Hi,

I tested as you suggested and the sms went through, my phone is connected to Bharti Airtel network.

But I am still unable to send or receive SMS from Indian numbers. Which is an issue since my bank here is trying to send OTPs which I can't receive.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Aditya, thank you for testing this. Good to hear that your data bundle is active on the Bharti Airtel network. I've looked into it and you should be able to receive SMS for free and send for € 0.75. Can you try the following:

1. Restart your phone
  2. Check if roaming is on. If it already is, please turn it off and on again
  3. Can you only not receive verification SMS from your bank or also from regular people and their phones?
  4. You can check the phone number that your bank has. If it's 06, please change it to +316. If this doesn't work, please try a different (temporary) number from a friend of family member, to see if they get the SMS (standard procedure)

I hope one of these options fixes it for you. Please let me know!

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi @Adithya Rao 

Also a good test is to change the mobile network in India.

Reageer