Visual voicemail (and SMS notifications) don't work

• 7 June 2023
  • 17 reacties
  • 622 Bekeken

Reputatie 1

Hi, I hope it is ok that I write this in English!

Since I started my t-mobile contract, I have not been able to use voicemail notifications or visual voicemail. When Visual Voicemail is enabled in t-mobile.nl/my/ I don’t get any notification of new voicemails nor are existing voicemails displayed.

When I disable Visual Voicemail in t-mobile.nl/my/, I do not receive any SMS notification of new voicemails.

In both cases if I call 1233, I am able to listen to the voicemails that have been left.

I have checked the documentation and I have tried the troubleshooting steps:

• rebooted my phone
  • network settings have been reset
  • voicemail has toggled off and on again, I have tried:
    • Changing the setting at t-mobile.nl/my/
    • Sending `UIT` to 1233 and then sending `AAN` a while later
  • Visual voicemail toggled off and on at t-mobile.nl/my/
  • Sent `STATE` to 72436
  • Called 1233 and tried to set passcode (option 3, then option 1)
    • I am not able to set a new password
    • When I press `#` to request the password to be sent to me by SMS, it says that it will send it, but I never receive it. I have tried this multiple times on different days.

I am using an iPhone 14 Pro, with the latest software (iOS 16.5) and an eSIM.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hajar van Odido 10 maanden geleden

Hi @mattc_nl 

I have reset your voicemail. Can you try later today again? It takes some hours to process this new setting. If that doesn’t work, our technical department will look into this and give you an update within 7 business days. 

Looking forward to your reply!

Bekijk origineel

17 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @mattc_nl 

Thank you for trying out multiple solutions. Unfortunately it didn’t work so I will create a for our technical department and they will look into this. If you could send me a private message with your 06-number, name, birth-date, full address and the last 4 numbers of your IBAN I will make sure they will look into this and provide you with a solution. 

Looking forward to your message!

Reputatie 1

Hi @Hajar, thanks for the response! I have sent the requested information in a message 👍

Reputatie 1

Hi @Hajar , it’s been a while but I haven’t heard anything yet.

Is there any update?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @mattc_nl 

I checked you case and you Visual Voicemail bundle wasn’t active and therefore it did not work. It is activated now so it should work properly. Can you check if it works now and get back to us?

Reputatie 1

Hi @Hajar, it isn’t working for me. The issue I have affects both “normal” voicemail and visual voicemail. I haven’t had either of them work.

I also don’t receive any SMS when trying to reset my voicemail PIN on normal voicemail.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @mattc_nl 

I have reset your voicemail. Can you try later today again? It takes some hours to process this new setting. If that doesn’t work, our technical department will look into this and give you an update within 7 business days. 

Reputatie 1

Hi @Hajar,

Unfortunately it still doesn’t work. I called myself and left a voicemail, and it does not show up on my phone.

I called the voicemail and it asks for a PIN (that I don’t have) and when I press # to receive it in a text, I do not receive it.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

You need to fully setup voicemail while in the Netherlands.  It feels like you are abroad? In that case you can not use voicemail until you have finished the setup.

Reputatie 1

Hi @eric I was out of NL at the time I posted, but I am back now and still no success.

If I leave myself a voicemail, I get no notification and it does not show up in visual voicemail.

@Hajar still no success I’m afraid.

Reputatie 1

Two weeks later and I still don’t have a solution :(

I received a text from what I assume is the technical team a week ago:

Je hebt aangegeven dat je problemen ervaart met Visual Voicemail. Dank voor je melding. We adviseren om de volgende sms te versturen: Sms het woord STATE naar 72436. Zo maak je opnieuw connectie met de voicemail server en is je probleem verholpen. Excuses voor het ongemak. Groet, T-Mobile

It completely ignores that I did send STATE to 72436, multiple times. The problem is definitely not solved by doing that. I even did it a couple of times after receiving the text, just to be sure.

It is starting to feel a little bit frustrating to be honest, it has been 10 days since I received any response to my followup messages on this.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Matt, sorry to hear that this didn't solve your issue and my apologies for the late reply. My colleague has been absent, but no worries, I'm here to help you now! I see that my colleague tried to call you and couldn't reach you and then sent you this text. I just reached out to him to ask what else we can try. As soon as I get a response, I will get back to you. I hope we can help you very soon!

Reputatie 1

Hi Matt, sorry to hear that this didn't solve your issue and my apologies for the late reply. My colleague has been absent, but no worries, I'm here to help you now! I see that my colleague tried to call you and couldn't reach you and then sent you this text. I just reached out to him to ask what else we can try. As soon as I get a response, I will get back to you. I hope we can help you very soon!

Hi Marciano, thanks for the response!

I didn’t have a missed call - but your colleague is more than welcome to try again. I’ll keep an eye out and make sure I answer any unknown numbers that call.

I read an vaguely related thread from another telecom provider’s help forum, where somebody could not receive voicemail notifications or some SMS from their provider - and the issue turned out to be that their IMEI was incorrect in their providers systems.

If there are any further details about my hardware or software setup I can provide please let me know!

I appreciate the help :)

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Matt, no problem, that's what I'm here for! Good to see that you've been searching more possible solutions for this. Did you buy your iPhone with us? If so, do you still have your order number for me? I will definitely check to see if we can solve anything with the IMEI.

I also have a few other questions for you:

• Are you using your phone as a modem to connect with other decives (tethering)?
  • Did you switch to eSIM recently? After this, your phone number gets removed from your phone settings. Could you check your phone settings to see if your number is correct: Settings > Phone > My Number
  • Are you using visual voice mail in the Netherlands, abroad or both?

I look forward to your reply, because these answers will help me follow the right instructions! 😄

Reputatie 1

Hi Matt, no problem, that's what I'm here for! Good to see that you've been searching more possible solutions for this. Did you buy your iPhone with us? If so, do you still have your order number for me? I will definitely check to see if we can solve anything with the IMEI.

• Are you using your phone as a modem to connect with other decives (tethering)?
  • Did you switch to eSIM recently? After this, your phone number gets removed from your phone settings. Could you check your phone settings to see if your number is correct: Settings > Phone > My Number

I look forward to your reply, because these answers will help me follow the right instructions! 😄

Hi Marciano,

• I rarely use tethering, but have used it on occasion.
  • The switch to eSIM was not recent - I used to use eSIM on KPN, and then switched to T-Mobile and also ordered the contract with eSIM. I registered the eSIM on my device next to the KPN one, and then switched one off and the other on, on the day my number was ported.
    • The “My Number” setting is correct.
  • I’m using visual voicemail primarily in the Netherlands.

Thanks!

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

Hi Marciano,

• The switch to eSIM was not recent - I used to use eSIM on KPN, and then switched to T-Mobile and also ordered the contract with eSIM. I registered the eSIM on my device next to the KPN one, and then switched one off and the other on, on the day my number was ported.

Thanks!

Hi @mattc_nl, thanks for your reply! 

I will take over for a moment from my colleague Marciano! If you use tethering, settings in the phone for Voicemail and Visual Voicemail may be lost. You can solve this by resetting the network settings. On an iPhone, you do this like this: 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Transfer or reset [device]' > 'Reset' > 'Restore network settings'.

Once you have reset the network settings, you still need to set a password for your Voicemail. You can do this by calling: 1233 > voicemail settings > set password. Then you can send another SMS to 72436 with the word STATE (note, STATE must be in capitals!).

After a simswap to eSIM, the phone number disappears from the device settings.

Could you enter the phone number manually for me? You do it this way: Settings > Phone > My number > Primary and/or Secondary. 

Would you also check for me if the software of your device is up to date? That could also be the reason! 

If it still does not work, please send me your phone number, zip code + house number, date of birth and the last 4 digits of your known bank account number in a private message for verification. Then I can check with you if everything is set correctly from our side! 

Kind regards, 
Pharwin 

Reputatie 1

Hi Marciano,

Thanks!

Hi @mattc_nl, thanks for your reply! 

I will take over for a moment from my colleague Marciano! If you use tethering, settings in the phone for Voicemail and Visual Voicemail may be lost. You can solve this by resetting the network settings. On an iPhone, you do this like this: 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Transfer or reset [device]' > 'Reset' > 'Restore network settings'.

Once you have reset the network settings, you still need to set a password for your Voicemail. You can do this by calling: 1233 > voicemail settings > set password. Then you can send another SMS to 72436 with the word STATE (note, STATE must be in capitals!).

Could you enter the phone number manually for me? You do it this way: Settings > Phone > My number > Primary and/or Secondary. 

Would you also check for me if the software of your device is up to date? That could also be the reason! 

If it still does not work, please send me your phone number, zip code + house number, date of birth and the last 4 digits of your known bank account number in a private message for verification. Then I can check with you if everything is set correctly from our side! 

Kind regards, 
Pharwin 

Hi Pharwin,

• I have now reset my network settings using “Restore network settings”
  • I have manually set my phone number in Settings > Phone > My Number
  • I called 1233 and selected to change my PIN. I then press # to receive my current PIN (I never set one before), but I do not receive an SMS with the code. I therefore cannot set a PIN for my voicemail.
  • I sent STATE to 72436 (all in capital letters, as instructed) I did not receive any response, and nothing changed.
  • Device software is up to date. It is an iPhone 14 Pro, running iOS 16.5.1

I’ll now send you a message with the requested details, the above steps didn’t fix anything for me.

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

Hi Marciano,

Thanks!

Hi @mattc_nl, thanks for your reply! 

Kind regards, 
Pharwin 

Hi Pharwin,

• I have now reset my network settings using “Restore network settings”
  • I have manually set my phone number in Settings > Phone > My Number
  • I called 1233 and selected to change my PIN. I then press # to receive my current PIN (I never set one before), but I do not receive an SMS with the code. I therefore cannot set a PIN for my voicemail.
  • I sent STATE to 72436 (all in capital letters, as instructed) I did not receive any response, and nothing changed.
  • Device software is up to date. It is an iPhone 14 Pro, running iOS 16.5.1

I’ll now send you a message with the requested details, the above steps didn’t fix anything for me.

Hi @mattc_nl

Thanks for the clarification and sending your private message. I will get back to you more clarity as soon as possible! 

Kind regards, 
Pharwin 

Reageer