No internet activation on my fiber link

• 6 January 2021
  • 11 reacties
  • 351 Bekeken

• is een Master Poster
  • 10 reacties

My internet has not been activated yet. I have left several messages on the community with no response. My client number is DKA36180, I the installation is done at my new apartment and activation is pending with KPN. I expect t mobile to contact them and have this settled. The technician at my house yesterday said thism would happen in an hour and yet there is no update. I am suppose to work from home without internet this is too much trouble. I have called the customer service without any luck of speaking to someone. No responses on my status, no calls from kpn. This is becoming frustrating. Please look into this and get the link activated, i still see wifi not activated on my t mobile home.

This is becoming too frustrating, I planned this two weeks ahead of my movement to apartment to prevent these issues, and yet iam stuck.

11 reacties

Reputatie 5

Provide more details and endure for now how annoying the situation is :)

To get an idea, an engineer came to your new apartment and installed the T-Mobile fiber modem/router to the already existing fiber connection outlet?

Why is the activation pending at (the other major provider and network owner) KPN?
What did you choose as an option with your agreement with T-Mobile? (to be sure fiber internet was and is available).

Back to the engineer having installed the modem. Was there no basic check to see if it worked?

EDIT: I just read your previous 2 posts and understand your frustration.

Your previous post says that indeed an engineer installed the modem in your apartment, with some side-note it has yet to be enabled on a backend. As a formality, if not already recently attempted, disconnect the power to the newly installed modem for 30s and report what lights blink or show after having it plugged in again. Do not tinker with other connections, just the power.

In any scenario, you should be able to connect to that installed modem but one step at a time ;)

Hi,

The LED's are all green except the one for internet which is red. The problem is at KPN end because they haven't activated the fibre connection. The technician from Guidon also said the same thing that my case has been forwarded to KPN now. So someone should have contacted me to set up the link or check it out at my apartment, but havent received any calls yet. 

My contract states fiber optic internet connection, you can verify that with my client number DKA36180. Now even t mobile is aware that my connection has not been activated yet, because in t-mobile home in settings under wifi tab I can see the message displayed as "wifi not activated", so I am sure this has to be taken care between t mobile and KPN to get things started for me. I have already tried the plug and unplug option, status remains the same.

I would like you to connect with technician from KPN to enable my connection from the exchange(this is what the Guidon technician also told me yesterday) and update me on status.

hi,

I finally got to speak with a customer care agent. As per him my details were not forwarded to KPN by Guidon(but the mail which i received from guidon mentioned that case was forwarded to kpn). Anyways, by now I should have received a text from kpn(its been 4 days now!!) I have to work from Monday, no internet at my apartment and no hope of someone contacting me. Its very frustrating, is this normal to wait for a month before internet gets connected at your place? I am loosing all hopes, the long calls to customer service is draining my prepaid balance and going in vain. No updates on my case via mail, no calls orv text from kpn.  I have worked in the network operation field in past, at least a acknowledgement or regular update is expected from the provider.

There is no outage or problem in my area, I checked that on kpn website, then why is it taking so much time? This should have been worked out before, there is a reason I planned two weeks before my movement so t mobile can lay down all that is required. @Boris could you help me out? my client number is DKA36180.

Reputatie 7

Hi @saifu ,

Thanks for your message and complete description of the situation. The way you’ve been sharing your story makes it very clear what the issue might be. I’ve seen you’ve taken action yourself and contacted our customer service already. They’ve contacted our technical services to make sure KPN will be notified about the situation. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime, I’m here for you!

Could you let me know what is the status? When can I expect someone from KPN to contact me so that a visit can be scheduled? Its been 24 hours no one has contacted me, I am expecting a text from KPN.

Yesterday one of your colleagues gave me a voucher, since I dont have t mobile sim card I bought one today, will that code be still valid or do I need a new one? If so could you send me that so atleast I have some internet with me till this is being fixed.

Hi @Boris,

Could you let me know what is the status? When can I expect someone from KPN to contact me so that a visit can be scheduled? Its been 24 hours no one has contacted me, I am expecting a text from KPN.

Yesterday one of your colleagues gave me a voucher, since I dont have t mobile sim card I bought one today, will that code be still valid or do I need a new one? If so could you send me that so atleast I have some internet with me till this is being fixed.

Reputatie 7

Hi @saifu ,

Currently the ticket is still open and can take up to three days to get picked up by our technical services. We’re working to get you online as soon as possible. In the meanwhile, the voucher provided by my colleague will still do the trick and you can use it for a temporary source of internet. Please know that we’re here for you on the Community! 

Hi @Boris 

I have ordered a t mobile sim to use the voucher. However, just like everything this is taking late to be delivered, i believe I will have the sim tomorrow. I hope the voucher code will still be valid when i use it. Could you please let me know that my voucher will be activated only when i use it (send the sms from my t mobile sim). If it is going to expire before that, please provide me with a new voucher. 

hi @Boris ,

I have lost every hope now, its been damn frustrating… I was out whole day looking for a t mobile sim, I finally got it after roaming all over Amsterdam. And now my voucher code doesnt work, the code got activated but there is no internet on my phone. I called customer service 5 times, each time they asked me to switch off my phone, try sim in a new phone etc. None of that worked out for me, now I am out of my old apartment, no internet in my new apartment, the mobile internet given by t mobile is just not working on any of my phones, to be honest its very annoying and painful to experience all this. The ticket on my wifi has not been picked up yet, I havent heard from KPN and from Monday I need to travel from hague to sloterdijk daily just so I could work, I just hope someone at t mobile understand what I had to go through just to get a internet connection working for myself, all this even when I planned ahead of my move. I want to be compensated for this, give me anew voucher code which should work till i get a working wifi at my apartment, even that would not be enough for the trouble I had to go through :(

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Good afternoon @saifu, if I understand correctly: you have purchased a T-Mobile prepaid sim card, but the voucher code doesn't activate the Unlimited Internet bundle, is that correct? Are you sure your 4G-connection's turned on on your smartphone? 

Regarding the outstanding ticket: our tech-colleagues have picked up your case and it will be processed asap. It's been forwarded to the grid operator (KPN NetwerkNL) as of 12:04 PM today. That normally means that your case will be solved within three working days, tops. Sorry for the inconvenience and lack of communication on our part. 

If the code still doesn't work, please let me know and I'll send you a different one (that definitely works) straight away. 

Hi @Jason , 

Thanks for getting back. Code is working for now, but will expire soon. I hope the KPN tech contacts me before that si I have a working connection. I will let you know if a second code is required. 

Reageer