2Gb Speed not installed

• 17 February 2024
  • 12 reacties
  • 87 Bekeken

I supposed to have a 2Gb Internet Speed upgrade installation at home. When the technician came to for it. They couldn't test the internet speed because didn't have a device that support such speed (2Gb). Also installed hardware that doesn't support 2gb internet speed (CAT 5e cable). I wonder what kind of service is that.
After I tested the speed with my personal devices realized that the 2Gb was never installed/working. Only 1Gb speed.
So what do they came to do if not to installed the 2Gb and make sure it works?
Very disappointing situation that looks like a joke. A service without the expertise of what is offered.

Tommie van Odido 2 maanden geleden

Hey @Gustavo.gm7, good that you are calling for attention here. Did the order come with a Cat5e cable? That shouldn't happen, after all. I went to check for you and did a reprovision on the modem just to be sure. Would you mind rebooting the modem and ONT? Also, I see that you have a router/switch connected to the 2.5 Gbit port. Could you make a direct connection to the modem on the 2.5 Gbit port and test the speed? So: ONT -> Zyxel -> PC/laptop wired. 

Bekijk origineel

12 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Gustavo.gm7 

When you look in your Odido account do you see the 2 Gbps as afgerond? Do you perhaps have a CAT6(a) cable which you can test between ONT and router?

Yes it’s been tested with CAT 8 in fact. Only 1Gb for now.

Hello @Gustavo.gm7 

When you look in your Odido account do you see the 2 Gbps as afgerond? Do you perhaps have a CAT6(a) cable which you can test between ONT and router?

Yes it’s been tested with CAT 8 in fact. Only 1Gb for now.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Gustavo.gm7 

Is your internet speed now 2 Gbps according tyoir Odido account and does your device support these speeds?

@Gustavo.gm7

Is your internet speed now 2 Gbps according tyoir Odido account and does your device support these speeds?

Yes Odido account mentions 2gb in my subscription and I have 2.5 gb port in my device

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Gustavo.gm7 

Do you have the Zyxel-T56? There is 1 2,5 Gbps LAN port and 3 1 Gbps LAN ports, are you using the 2,5 Gbps LAN port on the router?

@Gustavo.gm7

Do you have the Zyxel-T56? There is 1 2,5 Gbps LAN port and 3 1 Gbps LAN ports, are you using the 2,5 Gbps LAN port on the router?

Yes T-56 and using the 2.5gb port

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @Gustavo.gm7, good that you are calling for attention here. Did the order come with a Cat5e cable? That shouldn't happen, after all. I went to check for you and did a reprovision on the modem just to be sure. Would you mind rebooting the modem and ONT? Also, I see that you have a router/switch connected to the 2.5 Gbit port. Could you make a direct connection to the modem on the 2.5 Gbit port and test the speed? So: ONT -> Zyxel -> PC/laptop wired. 

Hello Tommie, thanks for reacting on this. Yes after installation it was left a CAT5e from ONT to Modem. I would have expected the CAT6A (However it seems to be ok after all)
I had swapped the CAT5e cable by a CAT 8 from the ONT to Modem. However once I put all back, unbeleivibly it is working with 2Gb/s.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Ah that should definitely not happen and should be a Cat6 indeed. Are you achieving the right speed now @Gustavo.gm7?

Yes I have the right speed now. Thanks!

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

That is great to hear @Gustavo.gm7! Have a nice day. 

Reageer