Damaged fiber-optic connection from kpn

• 2 November 2023
  • 13 reacties
  • 114 Bekeken

I recently moved to a new apartment which already had a kpn fiber optic connection(as per the previous occupant). The guy from Guidion visited us to fix the odido internet and wifi connection but informed us that the cable is damaged and he cannot fix it. He informed that we will hear from odido or kpn about it. 

I work from home and this is causing issues. I called odido to get a resolution and was told that I should call kpn. I tried calling but no one responds. I checked kpn netwerk website which says contact your provider. I called odido again this time they say the back office might take 3 working days to look into it. (look into it doesn't mean they will fix it) but it also depends on the queue they already have.

I'm still without internet and without a resolution date. What do I do. I'm sure I'm not the only one facing this issue. 

Demi van Odido 5 maanden geleden

@Momimo Thank you so much for updating your profile! I have checked for an update and I see that KPN had made a plandate to fix this. I see that this will be tomorrow, November 9th, around 15:00. Can you let us know tomorrow evening if everything is solved and you can use the internet? 😊

Bekijk origineel

13 reacties

Reputatie 5
Badge +3

Hi @Momimo, I would like to check it for you right away! I just can't find a subscription with your email address. Could you add your customer number to your profile for me, this looks like ABC12345 and can be found in Mijn Odido. Greetings, Ishana

Hi @Ishana van Odido, I've updated the customer number

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

Hi @Momimo the number that you provided is not an internet customer number. It should look like the example from my colleague Ishana above. You can find this in Mijn Odido on the internet subscription page. If you can't find it, can you please send me your zip code, house number, date of birth and the last four digits of your bank account number in a private message? With these details I also have access to your subscription. Thanks!

Hi, updated it. Please check again

@Ishana van Odido @Demi van Odido is there an update?

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

@Momimo Thank you so much for updating your profile! I have checked for an update and I see that KPN had made a plandate to fix this. I see that this will be tomorrow, November 9th, around 15:00. Can you let us know tomorrow evening if everything is solved and you can use the internet? 😊

The fiber optic was fixed by kpn on 9th and then Guidion did the set up on 16th November. I had internet for less than a month and now this week again there is no internet.

Internet light on the router is red. On the ONT pos is blinking, Los is off and other lights are on.

I called odido support and they again took a case for backoffice.

I need a resolution and a compensation for all this trouble I have to go through. I also requested a hotspot device to use at home which Odido refused to provide. I need internet at home and sadly Odido is turning out to be highly unreliable when it comes to providing internet.

Can someone help?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @Momimo, good that you are sounding the alarm for this again. I immediately went to check for you and see that you have already spoken to our customer service team. They have created a ticket for you and our techies will do everything they can to get you back online as soon as possible. 

Of course, we will reimburse you for the days you had no services. This can only be done once it has been resolved, as we will then have an exact period to reimburse you. We only do this after 12 hours of no service.

Tommie,

Thanks for the reply. Reimbursement is of course necessary. But these issues are affecting our work as we need internet to work. I've requested Odido to provide a substitute until the issue is fixed but I hear that's not possible. In such case can you not offer a compensation for the issues we're facing because of Odido's unreliable internet?

On top of that the person from customer service said - "if you want to switch network providers you have my blessings"!

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@Momimo, indeed, we cannot send a temporary modem by way of example. However, we do offer an unlimterd voucher code to make unlimited use of our 4g network if you have an Odido or Ben® SIM card. 

But that doesn't help given Odido doesn't have a good mobile network in this area and it's Amsterdam!

Nor does it help when I'm traveling and my family needs internet at home.

I hope you understand it's not a reliable service to take 16 days to provide the connection and then again take it away in less than a month especially when my family works and studies from home.

Could you please help me by letting me know if I can switch providers or is it against the contract?

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

@Momimo Does someone else in your household have a Odido or Ben® SIM card? If so, I can send you two voucher codes. In this way, there still can be a hotspot when you are not at home. 

At this moment, the issue is still under investigation. As if now, it is against the contract to switch providers, as the contract is for a year. However, if we can’t resolve the issue within 30 working days, the contract can be undone. In case you want to cancel your subscription now, a lump sum of the remaining months of the contract, needs to be paid. 

Reageer