How can it take 12 months to get connected - don't bother just cancel it already

• 28 January 2024
  • 1 reactie
  • 36 Bekeken

Avoid Odido we were one of the first people in our area to signup to Fiber back on 10th Feb 2023 but it's been dozens of calls over the last 12 months to try and get the internet installed.  One of our favourite pieces of feedback from the customer service team responsible for connections was why the hurry all of a sudden when I rang twice in the space of two weeks.  We always speak to the staff and apparently it's the top of their list and they will personally watch the progress of the account.  That has happened atleast 3 different times and each time when you try and followup that person isn't available and you start the conversation again.  Each time I go through the process of contacting Odido it takes atleast 1 hour out of my day... I don't want the service anymore and now I have to ring up and wait 20-30 minutes to cancel as you can't do that online even though the chatbot offers the option it advises you need to call. How can it take almost 12 months to get internet when our neighbours have it already??? Also anyone that does have it so far have said the reliability is terrible and they would have never swapped away from Ziggo if they knew it would be so terrible! Maybe in 2025 KPN will finally have it's Fiber service available in our area...

eric 3 maanden geleden

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunatly,  Odido is just a piece of the chain. The physisical connection is constructed,  owned and maintained by the grid provider in your city. When you order, odido request to rent the fiber to your house to deliver the internet service.  When the grid provider is ready with the civil works, Odido can send you a router and off you go.

We see cases where at appartement building it is sometimes hard to get permission from the VVE. Waiting on permits or get enough civil workforce are also difficulties at grid providers. That will all result in delays.

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunatly,  Odido is just a piece of the chain. The physisical connection is constructed,  owned and maintained by the grid provider in your city. When you order, odido request to rent the fiber to your house to deliver the internet service.  When the grid provider is ready with the civil works, Odido can send you a router and off you go.

We see cases where at appartement building it is sometimes hard to get permission from the VVE. Waiting on permits or get enough civil workforce are also difficulties at grid providers. That will all result in delays.

Reageer