How Do I Get an Installation Update?

• 29 April 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 48 Bekeken

I have had my new router for a few weeks now. No updates for installation. Called today, got through to the third person at a contact centre, to have a recorded message that it was now closed.

My billing date is 2nd May, without any service.

Is there a quick way to contact without going through all channels?

Cal van Odido 14 dagen geleden

Hi @Suzanne D, I just received more information about your connection from the network operator. They still need to finish the fiber network to your house and finish the fiber unit that needs to be placed in your home. Because you live in a high-rise building, it is difficult for them to give us an exact date on which they can install your fiber unit because for their planning they are dependent on many third parties such as the municipality and the housing association. This implies that it could takes weeks but also months before they are able to install your fiber unit.

Don't worry, they will proactively contact you when they are allowed to install a fiber unit at your place. Once they are finished, they will provide us with a signal that the network is ready. In turn, we will proactively contact you for an appointment with an installation technician of Guidion.

We'll keep pressuring the network operator Open Dutch Fiber to quickly progress with the roll-out, I hope that the construction will quickly continue for you!

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Suzanne D 

Billing starts when you have working internet from Odido.

Do you have a Fiber connection point? If not than the grid operator has to install that first, afterwards you'll get an email from Odido to make an appointment with a Guidion technician.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Suzanne D, thanks for reaching out, I would love to give you more clarity! Waqqas has accurately described the connection process. I am surprised that the plandate we received from the network operator was quite some time ago. I will contact them to ask about the progress and the next step forward. 

We will get back to you about this, I will ask for more information for you!

Hi @Waqqas 

Thank you for your reply.

i haven’t received anything from Guidion, however the Odido system has a record of a SMS.

i do need  an appointment with a technician unfortunately. Do you know of a direct route where i can make an appointment?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Suzanne D 

Do you have a Fiber connection point and according to Odido they have sent an SMS?

You can call Guidion to ask if they have received an order for installation and make an appointment. Their phone number is 020-3232766.

Thank you @Cal van Odido 

Hi @Waqqas 

Fiber is new to my area. No SMS received. I shall  make contract Guidion tomorrow.

thanks again for your help

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Suzanne D, I just received more information about your connection from the network operator. They still need to finish the fiber network to your house and finish the fiber unit that needs to be placed in your home. Because you live in a high-rise building, it is difficult for them to give us an exact date on which they can install your fiber unit because for their planning they are dependent on many third parties such as the municipality and the housing association. This implies that it could takes weeks but also months before they are able to install your fiber unit.

Don't worry, they will proactively contact you when they are allowed to install a fiber unit at your place. Once they are finished, they will provide us with a signal that the network is ready. In turn, we will proactively contact you for an appointment with an installation technician of Guidion.

We'll keep pressuring the network operator Open Dutch Fiber to quickly progress with the roll-out, I hope that the construction will quickly continue for you!

Reageer