My New Internet Speed is too slow

• 13 March 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 42 Bekeken

I recently subscribed to an Internet-only plan offering speeds of 100Mbps download and 30Mbps upload, as the DSL connection is the available option in my area. 

Unfortunately, from the first day of my connection, I have been experiencing significantly lower speeds than promised. Through Wi-Fi, I am only achieving download speeds of around 16Mbps and upload speeds of 3Mbps. A direct cable connection offers a slight improvement to approximately 21Mbps download and 3Mbps upload, but this is still far below the subscribed rates.

I have followed all the troubleshooting suggestions provided on the website, but there has been no noticeable improvement in performance.

I am reaching out to request assistance in resolving this issue. Adequate internet speed is crucial for my daily activities, and the current performance is not meeting my needs or the expectations set by my subscription plan.

Teresa van Odido 1 maand geleden

First and foremost, I wish you a warm Odido welcome! 😊 @a.p.pradhana 

I really love to read that you joined Odido, but I’m sad to read about the miscommunication caused by the language barrier. I checked the highest possible speed on your address and this indeed can’t be offered any higher. 

Of course, I would not like to see you go and if there was Fiber available at your address, I would offer you that. However, I don’t want to keep you in a contract with such a low speed. You are still within your 14-day trial period and that means that you can still cancel your subscription. I do want to inform you that this will be immediate in case you want to do so. 

Please let me know if I can assist you with anything, I am here to help! 

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @a.p.pradhana 

If you enter your postcode and housenumber on the website, what is the maximum speed possible at your address?

Is your modem directly connected to the main KPN ISRA? Maybe you can share a photo.

Als you can go to 192.168.1.1 in your webbrowser and log in with admin and the Login Password behind your modem, please share what's behind VDSL WAN under systeem informatie.

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, thats indeed the maximum speed that i could have in my area. It seemed that I missed this point when I first arranged the connection due to language barrier.

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

First and foremost, I wish you a warm Odido welcome! 😊 @a.p.pradhana 

I really love to read that you joined Odido, but I’m sad to read about the miscommunication caused by the language barrier. I checked the highest possible speed on your address and this indeed can’t be offered any higher. 

Of course, I would not like to see you go and if there was Fiber available at your address, I would offer you that. However, I don’t want to keep you in a contract with such a low speed. You are still within your 14-day trial period and that means that you can still cancel your subscription. I do want to inform you that this will be immediate in case you want to do so. 

Please let me know if I can assist you with anything, I am here to help! 

Firstly, I'd like to extend my sincere gratitude for the warm welcome and your understanding of the situation regarding the internet speed at my address. It’s indeed disappointing to learn that the desired speeds cannot be achieved due to the limitations in my area. As much as I was looking forward to being an Odido customer, the current internet speed does not meet my needs.

Therefore, with a heavy heart, I've decided to cancel my subscription, taking advantage of the 14-day trial period. I believe this is the best course of action under the circumstances, as it's crucial for me to have a faster and more reliable internet connection for my daily activities.

Could you please provide me with specific details on how to proceed with the cancellation? Additionally, I would appreciate guidance on how to return any equipment or devices that were provided as part of the subscription.

Thank you once again for your support and understanding. I hope to possibly rejoin Odido in the future if the service offerings in my area improve.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @a.p.pradhana, that's sad to hear, but I completely understand your feelings. I see you have already contacted us and cancelled the contract. Hopefully we can welcome you back in the future! 

Reageer