Beantwoord

New Internet Speed (Fiber from 1 to 8 Gbps) - Can I install the new equipment by myself?

• 13 December 2023
  • 27 reacties
  • 272 Bekeken

Reputatie 1

Hi! I'd like to know if I can install and use the new equipment with the new speed or if I really need to wait for the appointment, as the box has a QR Tag about “how to install” instructions, but I don't want to waste my time installing anything if I'll have to wait for a technician to come Sunday to activate the new modem. 🤔

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 13 December 2023, 23:21

Bekijk origineel

27 reacties

Reputatie 1

Hi! Thanks for the message. After a long novel the old device was suddenly deactivated. The third (latest) one was never activated. The second one was activated. I only found out because I tested everything manually by myself, as your employees are frequently left in the dark and seem to be entirely clueless about what happens.

The new speed worked for a few days but yesterday I had a fault for about half hour. I restarted everything, being able to connect. Didn't have time to test things but this morning I noticed my internet was considerably slower. Running speed test I can't get more than 500 Mbps.

My plan on My Odido is correct (8000) and I am properly connected using my 10 Gbps Network Card and the ONT is also connected to the router using the same configuration that was working fine before. No changes at all from my end.

Restarted all devices multiple times. Turned the wifi off etc etc. Nothing works. It's like your network is capping my speed. Now, I don't care if this is a peak traffic day or time, your site states clearly normal speeds should be above 90% and the bare minimum acceptable should be 75%

Is Odido overselling bandwidth? I know that you can offer accessible prices because our links aren't dedicated, but only getting 5% of the contracted speed is just too much of a difference.

Your colleagues are very nice, always, but they seem to lack knowledge and/or access to real information. It's also very slow and cumbersome as if I were dealing with people reading scripts instead of real technicians with at least basic training.

What am I supposed to expect from Odido? Because so far it feels like I am doing with a government agency that doesn't care about losing customers. Everything is slow and made unnecessarily bureaucratic.

Delay, Deny and Defend seem to be most of what I am seeing lately. Sorry for criticizing, but I have been extra patient dealing with very basic issues.

I don't even bother calling because then I am hooked to a phone for two hours also unable to talk to someone with “enough power” to actually do something but follow “procedures” and file complaints to be assessed in weeks instead of minutes.

And sending a technician on a weekday won't work because by then the internet might be working normally again. The entire point is that your service needs to be reliable at all times. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sorry for my statement. I appreciate some guidance on getting things done in a better way. I am doing the best I can to not switch back to Ziggo and you know very well I didn't do it yet because of their upload speed being limited to 120, but their “real world” latency seemed to be better even when they were limited to 50. Many other customers might leave as well, unless you want to keep people that care less about the quality of their connection because they only use your service for entertainment.

Reputatie 1

Rosie was able to do some stuff and I got 3500 down 7200 down (max across multiple tests, but most frequently around 1.8 ~ 2.5 down). Better than 400 but nowhere near the contracted speed.

Hopefully things will work properly soon. I wouldn't want to have to downgrade or switch to another service. I already spent too much energy on this (and so did you).

Reageer