Volker Wessels is not scheduling appointment for fiber installation

• 12 December 2023
  • 32 reacties
  • 301 Bekeken

Good Morning

I have been an Odido (T-Mobile) fiber internet customer for years in my current rental (on my landlord’s name) and it’s been simply great. Awesome speed, great latency on the fiber network. Installation a couple of years ago was a breeze and professionally done. Top service!

Now i am moving to a new address within the same city (Den Haag), just 2 km away from my old address. It was obvious that I will get Odido for my new address as a loyal customer.

27 November I ordered a new 1 Gbit/sec line for my new address which was confirmed by Odido and the estimated operational date (during ordering) was shown as 18 December. I leaned back and waited for the same excellent service happen as on did my current address.

Well, I waited for 2 weeks and nothing happened. I knew the fiber operator has to schedule an appointment with me but since nothing happened I called Odido. The customer service lady was very nice and told me that indeed they are waiting for the fiber operator (Volker Wessels) to install the FTU in my home and i should give them a call to see what’s going on. This was already strange for me as I am in a contractual relationship with Odido and not Volker Wessels so why should I call them ? I gave them a call on 8 December and it turns out they need to do a “special survey” since my house is not a standalone home (it’s a multi-story building so people live above me). The lady was also very nice and promised that back office will call me to make an appointment…..and you guessed it right : they didn’t call….

So my questions to the community and Odido experts :

1. Why do i need to keep pushing the fiber operator for an install date ? I am not in a contractual relationship with them, they are a subcontractor of Odido as far as I can see
  2. Why is Volker Wessels not scheduling an appointment ? I see fiber installation activity for other apartments ongoing on my street which have the exact same multi-story building situation as I have. Talking to them, they didn’t need a special survey like I was told I need.
  3. Can something be done to start enjoying the aforementioned great service of Odido FiberGlass Internet asap ? I am really used to it and now I feel deprived not having it.

Thank you for reading my post and sharing your wisdom with me.

Have a good day !

FLT1976

Tommie van Odido 4 maanden geleden

Hey @FLT1976, welcome to our Community!
Good of you to raise the alarm for this. I immediately went to check for you and indeed see that VWT has yet to install the FTU. At the moment, I see no further information in my system and have decided to pass this on to our Fiber department. They will look into it for you and will contact you by phone. 

Bekijk origineel

32 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Odido is the internet provider. They rent a fiber to your home from a grid provider who owns and maintain the network in a city. When the fiber is not yet installed at a home, there is awish date given, in your case 18th december) but the final planning depends on the workload and capacity of the grid provider and people to make the connections. Than there is a special story to appartment buildings. In order to do constructions in such buildings , the owner or VVE, need to give permission. Somethings they do not grant this, or want to schedule a meeting with all the owners first before giving clearance for work in their building.   

Odido can not influence these things, they wait for the grid operator to give them the GO when the fiber is avalaible and than they will send out an internet engineer for the router installatoion and start delivering the well appreciated internet service. So, if you want to know execatly what the status is in you building, the grid provider is the place to be. You need to make an appointment with Volker Wessels anyway as they need to enter your house as well.

Thank you Eric for clearing up the fiber operator side and the VVE.

I live on the ground floor of a portiekwoning. It has its own front garden and in no way shared with others in the building. So it’s literally 5 meters of fiber from the street thru my front garden into the house. Does this also constitute special circumstances ? I’d understand if i lived on the first or second floor as you need to lay cable pathways on the facade but the ground floor thru my own front garden seems straightforward to me.

I called them on Friday they promised a call back but they didn’t. I called again today and they said they will put priority on the case but the back office team needs to arrange that and the person on the phone couldn’t do anything more other than sending the ticket to them.

So I still don’t have an appointment, hoping for a call back soon.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @FLT1976, welcome to our Community!
Good of you to raise the alarm for this. I immediately went to check for you and indeed see that VWT has yet to install the FTU. At the moment, I see no further information in my system and have decided to pass this on to our Fiber department. They will look into it for you and will contact you by phone. 

Thank you @Tommie van Odido , much appreciated. I hope they can do some magic 😀

@Tommie van Odido  - Hi. Your colleague just called me as promised. She will talk to VWT to try to speed up the process. She thinks it’s slowed down because it’s a multi-story building and VWT might be waiting for other requests to do the work in one go for the whole building.

I mentioned to her that i saw 2 individual flats connected by VWT in the last 7 days on my street so it doesn’t seem to be a problem. Both were on the 2nd floor and I am on the ground floor which is simple. She will get back to me.

Appreciate your help and hopefully things will move along now. Thank you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the update @FLT1976! I hope you will receive some more information soon. Feel free to keep this topic updated!

Thanks @Cheyenne van Odido. Unfortunately no further updates from your colleague from the fiber department or from VWT yesterday and today.  It’s been almost 3 weeks since I have placed my order, it shouldn’t take thing long at this day and age. I am getting concerned as i won’t have Internet access from 31 December since I am leaving my old apartment and I don’t have Internet at the new one yet. This will make it impossible to work from home and enjoy the services of Odido I am very much used to.

Unfortunately it continues to be radio silence from both Odido Fiber department and VWT.

@Cheyenne van Odido  and @Tommie van Odido - can you please ping your colleague at the fiber department ? Thank you!

Have a good weekend !

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

@FLT1976 I am sorry to hear that you haven’t been contacted yet. No worries, I sent a message to the Fiber department again, with te request to contact you! 

Thank you @Teresa van Odido. Have a good day !

@Teresa van Odido , @Tommie van Odido , @Cheyenne van Odido  - Unfortunately, there has been no contact from the fiber department 😞

Yesterday, I went ahead and called VWT for the 3rd time in 7 days and they forwarded me to Slim BV who does all their fiber installation in Den Haag. I had to send an email to planning@slimbv.com with my details and request to speed up the installation of the FTU. You can imagine - no answer, no appointment. The strange thing is that i see more and more apartments connected on my street. Why don’t they combine it with mine if they are already there ? Would be common sense to me.

I am getting frustrated because nobody can tell me anything concrete. I could live with “here is your appointment for 30 January 2024. We are too busy to do it now”. That is at least a planning. The worst is being passed around Odido ----> VWT -----> Slim BV but not getting anywhere and not having any planning.

I don’t know what’s going on but I can’t imagine it reflects good on Odido when people order Internet services and you can’t deliver because of the subcontractor of a subcontractor.

I hope you can escalate this to the right next level because what is going on currently is clearly not leading to a solution.

Thank you for all your help so far, please don’t take this on yourself as I know you have been trying to help and I appreciate that.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @FLT1976, thanks for the update. 

I just checked and see that Teresa has once again put it through for you. Our colleague from the Fiber team would inquire with VWT. I have yet to see an update on this in my system. Hopefully we'll have more clarity soon! 

Thank you @Tommie van Odido .

I believe the problem is that your fiber department hasn’t got in touch with VWT yet in spite of the fact they promised it to me 7 days ago (including a call-back to me).

I have been in touch with VWT but obviously I don’t have the same leverage as Odido does 😀

VWT and Slim BV are not scheduling any work for the FTU which is where I need help from Odido please.

Thank you.

@Teresa van Odido ,@Tommie van Odido ,@Cheyenne van Odido 

Good day and Happy New Year to all.

Here we are, 7 weeks after ordering an Odido Fiber Internet subscription and you guessed it right, there is still no news from Odido fiber department…

Huge thanks to Odido Customer service who gave me unlimited Mobile Internet vouchers (valid for 7 days then need to call again) so I can at least have some level of Internet access :

Internet in 2024 :)

I need to keep my mobile in the window to reach around 150 Mbit/sec down and 16-20 Mbit/sec up. Inside the house it’s 20 Mbit/sec down, 5 up at best :(  so window it is...

Notice the always connected power cable since i am sharing mobile Internet to my laptop so I can attempt to work from home. Otherwise phone battery is empty in half an hour / hour. My phone is also hot as hell.

Obviously the 16-20 Mbit/sec up doesn’t help with video calls, people complain that my picture is blurry and i am breaking up, bad sound quality in general on their end.

It’s very very far from the quality what i was getting when I had my Odido fiber line in my old apartment...

But i still keep on believing that Odido will do something about this someday...

I am the example loyal (maybe stupid ?) customer who has once experienced great service (2021-2023) and wants to do it again, against all odds.

I call Volker Wessels Telekom on a weekly basis (7 times so far - they don’t even need to ask for my address, they recognize my voice) and the answer is always the same : it’s with our subcontractor Slim BV and they are busy. I will add it to the ticket that you called.

I keep reminding them that even if they subcontract, they are responsible for the end result (by law) but it doesn’t seem to ring any alarm bells in them to do something about my problem.

Below is a picture to illustrate what needs to be done :

Here is a cable, just need to get thru the wall and install FTU, too big of an ask ?

The worst is that there is still no sign of a plan at least. Not having any information or planning is the worst you can do to your customer.

Hoping for a solution still

FLT1976

@Teresa van Odido,@Tommie van Odido ,@Cheyenne van Odido 

Good day and Happy New Year to all.

Here we are, 7 weeks after ordering an Odido Fiber Internet subscription and you guessed it right, there is still no news from Odido fiber department…

Huge thanks to Odido Customer service who gave me unlimited Mobile Internet vouchers (valid for 7 days then need to call again) so I can at least have some level of Internet access :

Internet in 2024 :)

I need to keep my mobile in the window to reach around 150 Mbit/sec down and 16-20 Mbit/sec up. Inside the house it’s 20 Mbit/sec down, 5 up at best :(  so window it is...

Notice the always connected power cable since i am sharing mobile Internet to my laptop so I can attempt to work from home. Otherwise phone battery is empty in half an hour / hour. My phone is also hot as hell.

Obviously the 16-20 Mbit/sec up doesn’t help with video calls, people complain that my picture is blurry and i am breaking up, bad sound quality in general on their end.

It’s very very far from the quality what i was getting when I had my Odido fiber line in my old apartment...

But i still keep on believing that Odido will do something about this someday...

I am the example loyal (maybe stupid ?) customer who has once experienced great service (2021-2023) and wants to do it again, against all odds.

I call Volker Wessels Telekom on a weekly basis (7 times so far - they don’t even need to ask for my address, they recognize my voice) and the answer is always the same : it’s with our subcontractor Slim BV and they are busy. I will add it to the ticket that you called.

I keep reminding them that even if they subcontract, they are responsible for the end result (by law) but it doesn’t seem to ring any alarm bells in them to do something about my problem.

Below is a picture to illustrate what needs to be done :

Here is a cable, just need to get thru the wall and install FTU, too big of an ask ?

The worst is that there is still no sign of a plan at least. Not having any information or planning is the worst you can do to your customer.

Hoping for a solution still

FLT1976

Hi also survived 31 days(more to going on) without internet. But for me its more of VWT problem. At DEC 12 i had fiber installed as well as wifi router but theres no internet to use. I did not get any proper response from VWT unless I call them ever since new year but nothing solved.  i cant believe i can live like cave man at the begining of new year. F volker wessels  they are really suck

@Teresa van Odido , @Tommie van Odido , @Cheyenne van Odido - Can you guys please chime in ? I can’t imagine that what is going on currently is normal. I have exhausted all possibilities (Odido customer service, VWT, SlimBV, Odido Community) yet there is no solution in sight.

Please help me escalate this but with actual tangible actions and not just promises.

Thanks

FLT1976

Reputatie 5
Badge +3

Hi @FLT1976, I completely understand your reaction! But we cannot speed up the process, even though I would love to do this for you. There is a ticket open for you at the Fiber Optic Department, but it is very busy at the moment. For now, I sincerely thank you for your patience and I still wish you a beautiful day! Greetings, Ishana

@Ishana van Odido- Thank you for taking your time to respond, much appreciated.I understand it is busy now but my problem started 2 months ago. Fiber department hasn’t even called VWT to intervene. It is nice to have a ticket but what is the purpose if they are not acting on it ?

Can you direct me to your complaint handling procedure please ? (email address, phone numbers). I would like to escalate this within Odido myself as it seems all the aforementioned efforts were useless in getting a solution from my beloved company.

Have a good day!

[Mod edit: removed customer number]

I have an appointment from VWT for 26 January. Fingers crossed that they show up and do a great job 😀

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

@FLT1976 Great that you managed to make an appointment with VWT. I'm sure everything will go as planned, but I'm crossing my fingers as well for extra luck! 😁 I also removed your customer number in your previous message above for your privacy. 

Good day @Demi van Odido 

@Teresa van Odido,@Tommie van Odido ,@Cheyenne van Odido

An update on my situation, unfortunately still no Internet..

1 Feb 2024 VWT installed my FTU and confirmed the connection is working.

Had to push Odido Customer Service to get a Guidion appointment as I wasn’t getting an email to register one.

When I did, i could only register 3 weeks later. This must be a mistake, so i called Guidion who confirmed this 21 day period is necessary to ensure all parties have time to prepare my Internet connection also centrally.

It is what it is, so i waited 21 days and yesterday (22 Feb) Guidion came and guess what : they couldn’t get it to work, there is something not prepared centrally (my media converter has a blinking red light on the LOS indicator) The Guidion technician said this is something Odido needs to fix centrally but this should be working by Friday (today). It didn’t get fixed by today so i called Odido customer service again and they told me a ticket was created for the back office who will investigate and circle back.

I am not going to mention the 21 days which was there to prepare everything, that doesn’t help us move forward with resolving this issue.

I would appreciate some help from you to expedite this. I have been without proper Internet for 3 months now (mobile vouchers don’t help to serve a family of 3 when you only have 1 Odido phone and it can’t be at home all the time)

My patience is running dry, i hope you can understand and are able to help drive this to a solution quickly.

Thanks and have a good weekend !

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

Hi @FLT1976, awesome to read that the your connection is fully ready! I see the notes from the technician and the ticket to our back office. I see that they immediately took action on Friday to arrange the grid operator to fix the patching for your connection. I assume they will fix this as soon as possible from now on! 😊

Hi @Demi van Odido. thanks for following up on this.

ODF was just here and determined there are no issues with the fiber or with the connection to the POP, that all seems to be working fine.

They determined that the media converter is faulty and they said that Guidion should have figured it out during their visit last week and should have replaced it..

They spoke to their Odido counterparts and asked to send a new media converter to me which should be here in 2-3 days.

Where I would need your help is to make sure  that the media converter comes activated so i don’t need to deal with Guidion again and can start using my connection asap. Can you please help with that ?

I also added @Tommie van Odido  because i read in other posts that he can do magic with activating media converters.

Thank you in advance

FLT1976

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @FLT1976, thanks for your patience! It is super busy at the moment and we are doing our best. No worries! We won't forget your post and will pick up your topic as soon as there is an opportunity. To ensure that we do not encounter your topic until a new moderation round, we would like to ask you to send us a reminder in this topic tomorrow. Thank you very much for the cooperation; this is what our Community stands for!

Reputatie 4

Hi,

“They determined that the media converter is faulty and they said that Guidion should have figured it out during their visit last week and should have replaced it.”

That's funny, in my case, the Guidion guy took a quick look at my red blinking los led of my media converter, and stated that ODF should fix the line! 😅
The ODF guy is coming to visited me tomorrow, I'm looking forward to what he is going to say.
They are very kind and we always laugh about the things that go wrong due to management incompetence.😀
Because I haven't terminated my current internet contract I'm really enjoying my own soap… 😃
For you I hope it's going to work for you soon!

Kind regards,
Paul

Reageer