[English] Terminating sim-only subscription due to extended stay abroad

• 12 November 2023
  • 6 reacties
  • 64 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 1 reactie

Hello, 

I am currently and for about 1 year living in West Africa, thus not using my Odido sim-only subscription. As I couldn't find any way to suspend it or reduce it to a very bare minimum, I wish to cancel it.

I sent an email to service@odido.nl oneinth ago and never got a reply. 

I called customer care yesterday but they were not able to call me back so I still don't know what I am supposed to do. 

My questions are the following:

- what solution do you offer to people who need to cancel their subscription due to working abroad?

- is there a way to get in touch with customer care via WhatsApp or emails, or for it to call me rather than the opposite?

Thank you, 

Solène 

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Solene 

Make sure your klantnummer is filled in in your community profile and a moderator here can submit the cancellation for you.

You will pay 50% of the monthly cost without discounts × the remaining months or you will pay for the final invoice if you are out of contract.

Hello, @Waqqas ,

Thank you for your reply. I will fill in the mentioned details.

The solution you provide is a regular solution when the issue (working abroad for an extended period of time) is an exceptional situation. What solution does Odido offer to such a situation?

Thank you,

Solène

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Solene

I don't think there is another solution for customers that are going abroad for work. But you can lower your bundle via your Odido app or website if you want.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Solene 

We don’t offer a different solution for customers that work abroad. The Odido subscription is meant for usage in the Netherlands and holidays abroad not for long usage abroad. I can help you with your cancellation request. Are you still in your contract period or did your contract term end? If you’re still in your contract period you will have to buy of your contract. If your contract term already ended you can cancel your subscription for free. Just keep in mind there is a one month notice. You can send me private a message with your 06-number, name, birth-date, full address and the last 4 numbers of your account number. I will help you with your request. 

Hello. I need to cancel my subscription because I am living outside the country, my contract is not expired yet. I want to cancel the subscription, even if they charge me some costs, as long as I cancel it Fees, via Ideal I have no problem, I am no longer going to return to the Netherlands and I want to stop using odido 

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

Hallo @Kenya, I saw that you had already created your own topic on this: 

I just responded to you! Shall we keep it centralized in one topic so it stays clear for the rest? Thanks in advance! 

Reageer