Beantwoord

Lost sim card and can't order a new one

• is een Top Poster
  • 5 reacties

LOST MY SIM CARD & NO SERVICE FOR 1 WEEK. Called Customer service 4x, went to 5 Odido stores, no one can order a new sim card for me and no one can solve it. 

At first the people said it was a maintenance issue and told me to try again tomorrow. Customer service on the other hand, said that the ‘Technical department’ is fixing it and will send it within 3 days. Now more than 3 days I did not receive a confirmation email, nor did I receive the new simcard.

The next few days I tried 2 different Odido stores in 2 different cities, nor can do anything about it. They said there was a ‘hierarchy’ issue, that people in the store couldn’t fix for me and it can only work if a manager was in a store but he also didn’t know when that would be. People in the store told me to call customer service, while customer service told me to go to the store.

Now, customer service is saying that they will send it AGAIN IN 3 DAYS. I still have not received any confirmation email or anything. I have many personal matters to attend to with the verification of my phone, and none of them are working. Poor service.

icon

Beste antwoord door Nitya 15 April 2024, 14:33

Bekijk origineel

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Nitya, welcom to our Community! Sorry to hear that you've lost your sim card and it's been impossible for you to receive a new one. I've looked into your account, and I see a technical issue regarding the hierarchy issue as my colleagues said. My colleagues in the shop and at customer service are not able to fix this issue. I've seen this once before and our technical department needs to solve this. Don't worry, they can and they will. It might take a while, however. Their processing time stands at 14 working days at the moment and the case was opened on the 4th of April. 

I'm not entirely sure if my colleague succeeded in ordering a new sim card, because I tried this just now, but I received the same error as mentioned before. If he did succeed, it could arrive at any moment; seeing there was a weekend in between, which could be the reason you haven't received it yet.

If you don't receive the sim card, please send me a reminder at the end of the week. I will check the IT-case and see if there's an update. Your case number is 70085166.

I've also tried to order an eSIM for you in the meantime, but because of the hierarchy issue, this also didn't work. I'm very sorry to say that there is nothing I can do at this moment but wait for IT to fix this issue. I hope they start working on your case sooner than expected. I won't be surprised if they do!

Thank you Marciano for the information. All the people I’ve spoken to have different reasonings why this won’t work. Customer service also keep saying that they will send me a sim card within 3 days but I know for sure this won’t work considering the hierarchy issue. Bummer that I have to wait 14 days for this to be fixed, a bit of an issue without my phone number and needed verification on so many personal matters that is on a time crunch. I will try to fix this issue without my number, but super disappointed with the amount of unclear discretion on what’s happening and who I can reach out to. I will reach out to you if I don’t receive the sim card in the coming days, and end of the week on the update for the case number.

Hi Nitya, welcom to our Community! Sorry to hear that you've lost your sim card and it's been impossible for you to receive a new one. I've looked into your account, and I see a technical issue regarding the hierarchy issue as my colleagues said. My colleagues in the shop and at customer service are not able to fix this issue. I've seen this once before and our technical department needs to solve this. Don't worry, they can and they will. It might take a while, however. Their processing time stands at 14 working days at the moment and the case was opened on the 4th of April. 

I'm not entirely sure if my colleague succeeded in ordering a new sim card, because I tried this just now, but I received the same error as mentioned before. If he did succeed, it could arrive at any moment; seeing there was a weekend in between, which could be the reason you haven't received it yet.

If you don't receive the sim card, please send me a reminder at the end of the week. I will check the IT-case and see if there's an update. Your case number is 70085166.

I've also tried to order an eSIM for you in the meantime, but because of the hierarchy issue, this also didn't work. I'm very sorry to say that there is nothing I can do at this moment but wait for IT to fix this issue. I hope they start working on your case sooner than expected. I won't be surprised if they do!

Thank you Marciano for the information. All the people I’ve spoken to have different reasonings why this won’t work. Customer service also keep saying that they will send me a sim card within 3 days but I know for sure this won’t work considering the hierarchy issue. Bummer that I have to wait 14 days for this to be fixed, a bit of an issue without my phone number and needed verification on so many personal matters that is on a time crunch. I will try to fix this issue without my number, but super disappointed with the amount of unclear discretion on what’s happening and who I can reach out to. I will reach out to you if I don’t receive the sim card in the coming days, and end of the week on the update for the case number.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Nitya, you're welcome! My apologies for the unclear and incomplete information that my colleagues gave you earlier. I completely understand you understand your phone number for so many things and I wish I could speed this up for you. Will it be of any help if you get a PrePaid sim card in one of our stores in the meantime? At least you will have a temporary phone number to be connected. A PrePaid card costs € 10 and I will credit these costs, of course. I hope this helps a little bit, and I will check the case regularly in the meantime as well!

Hi Nitya, you're welcome! My apologies for the unclear and incomplete information that my colleagues gave you earlier. I completely understand you understand your phone number for so many things and I wish I could speed this up for you. Will it be of any help if you get a PrePaid sim card in one of our stores in the meantime? At least you will have a temporary phone number to be connected. A PrePaid card costs € 10 and I will credit these costs, of course. I hope this helps a little bit, and I will check the case regularly in the meantime as well!

Hi Marciano,

No worries, I already got a prepaid sim card for now directly in the store.

Is there perhaps an update on the IT work, as I have not received the sim card nor have I received any confirmation regarding this.

Best,

Nitya

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Good afternoon Nitya, I hope you had a great weekend! Good to hear that you got a sim card from the store. This is a PrePaid sim, I think? Yes, there is an update from IT. Your case has been solved, and I just ordered a new sim card for you - so it works again! You should receive the new sim card within 3 days (you could also get a new one in the shop if you want it today). I also put in a € 10 credit for your PrePaid sim. It will be settled on your next invoice., and you will receive a confirmation per mail. Please let me know if you received this and also, please let me know when you've received the new sim card. I can help you activate it! 😊

Good afternoon Nitya, I hope you had a great weekend! Good to hear that you got a sim card from the store. This is a PrePaid sim, I think? Yes, there is an update from IT. Your case has been solved, and I just ordered a new sim card for you - so it works again! You should receive the new sim card within 3 days (you could also get a new one in the shop if you want it today). I also put in a € 10 credit for your PrePaid sim. It will be settled on your next invoice., and you will receive a confirmation per mail. Please let me know if you received this and also, please let me know when you've received the new sim card. I can help you activate it! 😊

The confirmation email is well received! Thanks a lot!!! I indeed bought a prepaid sim card, thanks for the credit. I will let you know once the sim card arrive. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Perfect, thank you for letting me know, Nitya - and you're very welcome! For now, I wish you a great day and I will talk to you once you've received your sim card! 

Perfect, thank you for letting me know, Nitya - and you're very welcome! For now, I wish you a great day and I will talk to you once you've received your sim card! 

Hi Marciano,

I have received my sim card, how do I activate it as I cannot login to MijnOdido? Please help today. Thank you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Good afternoon Nitya, good to hear that you received the sim card. I'm not allowed to activate it myself, so I sent you an e-mail. Please reply to this e-mail with a copy of your ID. Then, my colleague will activate it for you. He will try to do this within 4 hours. A second option is to go to one of our shops. When you reply to the email please note that you will have to blur/make unreadable the following things, otherwise my colleague is not allowed to activate the sim:

• Both pictures
  • Document number
  • Your length
  • BSN
  • QR-code

Please keep me up to date when my colleague activated the sim for you! 😄

Reageer