New eSIM

• 28 September 2023
  • 9 reacties
  • 1756 Bekeken

Hi,

I recently switched to a new iPhone and need to move my e-sim from my old to the new device.
I know this is only possible by requesting a new e-sim, but I don’t seem to be able to find the option to request a new e-sim on the app or on the website.
I cannot visit a store because I am currently abroad.

Thank you.

Pharwin van Odido 5 maanden geleden

HI I also have the same problem. i switch today to esim and on the app it said activated but my phone 13 said cant be activated. i am abroad right now. (study abroad for few months) can you help?

Hello @ryan k

First of all, welcome to our Community! How nice to read that you are abroad for a study, are you having a good time there? No worries, I am happy to give you more clarity! If you would like an eSIM, you can purchase it through your My Odido account: https://www.odido.nl/my/toestel-en-sim. You will then get a QR code that you can scan with your phone so that the eSIM is paired in your device. Note; you just need to activate the eSIM yourself afterwards, which can also be done through the link above. 

Please note that we always advise to activate a SIM card/eSIM on our own Dutch network. Sometimes there can be problems with the activation and then it becomes more difficult to solve the problem because the network of the foreign provider is in between. 

Was it successful to activate the eSIM? Did you happen to reboot your device? Often this can still help! 

If that does not work, can you send me a private message with your phone number, zip code + house number, date of birth and the last 4 digits of the bank account number known to us for verification? Then I can look into your account with you! 

Kind regards,
Pharwin 

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Manu, welcome to the Community! I hope you're having a great time abroad. Will you be abroad for a long time? Requesting and activating an eSIM abroad is possible, but we do not recommend it. There's a possibility that something goes wrong, and we won't be able to help, because there's a foreign network in between us. Is it possible for you to keep using your old iPhone during your time abroad? I highly recommend that and I hope it's possible for you!

Hi Marciano,

Thank you for your input.

unfortunately I’ll be abroad for at least another few months, and I cannot wait until I’m back to visit a store, as I still need the Odido number for several services I use in the Netherlands.

Can you help with issuing a new e-sim that I can connect to my new mobile phone? I accept the risks, as I don’t have a viable alternative  solution anyway, and I’ve been able to use my number with no issues for the time I’ve been away until now.

Thank you.

Reputatie 1

Installing and activating a new eSIM from France worked fine for me....

I called the customer service and nobody seems to be able to help, I opened a chat and they told me there is a “glitch in the system” that does not allow to request an e-sim and to check later.

I have been unable to request a new e-sim and transfer my number to my new phone for almost a week now, which is very upsetting.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Manu, being abroad for a while longer sounds amazing! Please send me a private message with your 06-number, date of birth, zip code + house number and the last 4 digits of your IBAN. I will dive into it right away! 😊

HI I also have the same problem. i switch today to esim and on the app it said activated but my phone 13 said cant be activated. i am abroad right now. (study abroad for few months) can you help?

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

Hello @ryan k

First of all, welcome to our Community! How nice to read that you are abroad for a study, are you having a good time there? No worries, I am happy to give you more clarity! If you would like an eSIM, you can purchase it through your My Odido account: https://www.odido.nl/my/toestel-en-sim. You will then get a QR code that you can scan with your phone so that the eSIM is paired in your device. Note; you just need to activate the eSIM yourself afterwards, which can also be done through the link above. 

Please note that we always advise to activate a SIM card/eSIM on our own Dutch network. Sometimes there can be problems with the activation and then it becomes more difficult to solve the problem because the network of the foreign provider is in between. 

Was it successful to activate the eSIM? Did you happen to reboot your device? Often this can still help! 

If that does not work, can you send me a private message with your phone number, zip code + house number, date of birth and the last 4 digits of the bank account number known to us for verification? Then I can look into your account with you! 

Kind regards,
Pharwin 

Hello @ryan k

Kind regards,
Pharwin 

Hi @Pharwin van Odido,

I am facing the same issue. Can you help? I have already sent you a private message.

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

Hello @ryan k

Kind regards,
Pharwin 

Hi @Pharwin van Odido,

I am facing the same issue. Can you help? I have already sent you a private message.

Hello @imayukh

I saw your private message come up and I just responded to you! I'd love to talk to you further there so I can help you with this! 

Kind regards, 
Pharwin

Reageer