Beantwoord

Help with bridgetap

• 25 January 2021
  • 33 reacties
  • 416 Bekeken

I’m experiencing bad signal with my internet, no internet and slow speeds, T-Mobile said it was because of a bridge tap.

I’ve been looking around and I can’t understand how the ISRA works, and would love if you could help me.

[Ticket#2021011911046748]

icon

Beste antwoord door Jason van Odido 28 January 2021, 15:12

Bekijk origineel

33 reacties

We are 2 households at the same address, just for your information.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @mayathehumble 

Plug the DSL cable directly from your modem in the device on photo 2.

Is the 2nd household also using you T-Mobile connection? It's better to provide them with an internet cable from your modem if possible.

Hello @mayathehumble 

I’ll try, but even if it works it won’t be the ideal solution, since the ISRA is downstairs, and there’s no way that my ethernet cables will reach that far.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

You can check if than the connection is stable or not.

You have 2 connections from the box on photo 1 going up? It's better to remove one, you can always purchase longer internet cables if needed.

Still an unstable connection after plugging directly into ISRA, will unplug other cable now.

Only one cable is plugged into the ISRA, and the problem is still occurring.

Hello @mayathehumble 

Is the 2nd household also using you T-Mobile connection? It's better to provide them with an internet cable from your modem if possible.

They have their own internet.

And we live on the other floor, I’m sure we would have problems since I only use Ethernet and I don’t know about the neighbor. And isn’t there risk of inasion of privacy?

I’d rather not share my own personal internet.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@mayathehumble

Connect the DSL cable from the DSL port on the back of your router to the left port of the isra.

If you want your modem upstairs you could try purchasing a longer DSL cable but check the shorter one first.

That’s what I did in the most recent picture, the DSL cable goes from the back of the modem into the leftmost port on the ISRA.

The second light is just blinking.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@mayathehumble

On the 2nd picture there is no cable going to your modem?

The one connected is going in the pipe it needs to be in the DSL port of your modem, in the installation package you have a shorter DSL cable.

There is, it’s the only cable connected to the modem.

It’s an illusion and doesn’t look like, but as you can see theres light in the 2nd light on the modem, proving it is connected.

Sorry, I meant only cable connected to the ISRA.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Plug it in the port on the right side.

In the second port it’s still blinking proving the signal is weak.

The internet managed to connect but as before the internet is slower than what they promise, and same as before when they said that a bridge tap is the problem.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@mayathehumble 

What is the maximum speed possible at your address actually?

You can check it here

It said when I.bought the internet it would be 73 mbits, and I pay for 70.

I can’t access the link u sent me, and my internet stopped working.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@mayathehumble

If the modem is now connected directly to the main ISRA with a short DSL cable for example then the issue has to be something else.

So it’s not a bridge tap?

And what do you suggest? it can’t be true I’m having so many problems with t-mobile but with Ziggo there was none...

But I did notice the internet connects more often and faster downstairs at the ISRA than upstairs at my socket, upstairs it can take hours.

But that doesn’t explain the low speeds.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Ziggo uses another method of delivering internet. It's better to wait for a moderator to reply maybe they'll send a technician.

I hope they won’t charge me like they attempted before, next time it happens I’m sure I’ll be done with t-mobile, since Ziggo is completely hassle-free, their customer service actually works and do intend to help you with the service they provide.

Reageer