Beantwoord

Calling from NL to Romania is now being charged

• 8 October 2023
  • 6 reacties
  • 263 Bekeken

Hello,

My contract has 120 min NL + EU. I’ve been having this contract with T-Mobile for at least 5 years now.

I quite often call my parents to Romania (which is part of EU), and I’ve never been charged for these calls. They get deducted out of my 120 min. This changed this month however.

Now I see that I still have 116 min left in my monthly use, but I have extra costs of 4,43€ for a call to Romania. The same that I always make, to the same number. I feel like something went wrong with the migration from T-Mobile to Odido.

Is anyone having similar issues?

Thank you!

icon

Beste antwoord door eric 9 October 2023, 11:12

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @FunnyGhost 

Have you maybe renewed your subscription since 5 september 2023?

With the new subscriptons only unlimited basis, plus and premium have minutes to call from NL to the EU.

With all other subscriptions you will be charged for calling to the EU.

Yes I did! But nobody told me anything!

also, in the app it still says 120min NL + EU.

also when I check the details, it says “Buitenland Internet + Bellen”

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@FunnyGhost 

If you are still within the 14 days than you can decide to cancel the renewal and continue with the old plan.

You can decide to purchase the bundle for unlimited calling to the EU, it will cost you €9,99 or simply adjust your bundle to unlimited basis.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. But I checked in the app, my contract details, and it does say that that I have minutes within NL+EU.

That’s weird, right?

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Yes, the 120 minutes NL+EU is to call within the Netherlands to other Dutch numbers and when you are roaming abroad, you can also call from your home bundle. 

What is different is when you call from NL TO EU numbers. With the new “limited” databundels there is no calling from NL to EU in a bundle. When you select a unlimited data bundle there is also voice TO the EU included.

I aggree that it needs more reading and it is all in Dutch, so harder to understand for non Dutch people.

Yes, the 120 minutes NL+EU is to call within the Netherlands to other Dutch numbers and when you are roaming abroad, you can also call from your home bundle. 

What is different is when you call from NL TO EU numbers. With the new “limited” databundels there is no calling from NL to EU in a bundle. When you select a unlimited data bundle there is also voice TO the EU included.

I aggree that it needs more reading and it is all in Dutch, so harder to understand for non Dutch people.

Thanks a lot for the clear answer. 

This is a very sneaky and uncool thing to do. Basically, the text remained the same, but the “small print” which is not even present, completely changed.

Reageer