Beantwoord

Bellen met andere Odido klanten werkt niet

• 7 January 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 130 Bekeken

Hallo iedereen Ik heb sinds kort een nieuwe Lightphone II (internationale editie). Ik heb geprobeerd mijn vriendin te bellen, die dezelfde mobiele provider heeft en vermoedelijk hetzelfde netwerk gebruikt, maar het mocht niet baten. Het gesprek komt wel door, maar als ik opneem, is er geen geluid/audio van beide partijen. Elkaar berichten sturen is wel mogelijk. 

Ik heb ook geprobeerd een vriend te bellen en dat werkte prima. Hij gebruikt een iPhone met een ander netwerk. Ook het bellen van mijn zoon, hij heeft een simyo/kpn kaart werkt prima. , terwijl mijn vriend een Samsung Galaxy S8 gebruikt. Heeft iemand anders dezelfde problemen ervaren?

Ik heb verschillende keren geprobeerd opnieuw op te starten. Mijn andere duo-sim kaart geprobeerd. Contact gehad met de odido service maar hier werd aangegeven dat ik een nieuwe sim kaart moet proberen. Ik ga er één aanvragen maar heb niet het gevoel dat dit iets gaat uithalen. 

Op het Lightphone (reddit forum) is dit probleem bekend. Hier wordt aangegeven dat het iets met VOIP service te maken heeft en dat je odido moet vragen dit vanaf hun kan bij jou uit te zetten. Ik heb gevraagd dit te doen, service medewerker gaf aan dat hij hier naar ging kijken en liet mij mijn tel hierna herstarten om het opnieuw te proberen, geef effect.

I've found a solution together with T-Mobile technical support. You can call up customer support and ask them to disable VOIP over 4G (VoLTE), you might need tech support if they cannot do that directly, but they're pretty fast. That solved the problem for me.

This worked for me as well. My provider's (Delta) customer service at first didn't know they could switch it off (the lady thought she could only turn off all of 4g), but she then realised there was a new option to turn off just VoLTE/VoWIFI. It worked immediately for me. Very happy with this, thanks for the solution!!

icon

Beste antwoord door eric 8 January 2024, 11:35

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

This can only be the very low priced handset, not supporting VoLTE- VOLTE on European networks. The thing is that in Europa 2G and 3G gsm support is phased out. Vodafone and KPN already switches off 3G, Odido switches off 2G. In begin 2025, all legacy in the Netherlands is announced to be switches off, 5G high speed is than full rolled out.

Switching off VOLTe can be a temporarily solution, but you should press the handset vendor to fix this, otherwise it will become absolute in 2025.

Not using 4G calling is a phone choice you should be able to make in the software settings. Sometimes the toggle is called '4g calling'  and sometimes 'VoLTE'. 

Thanks Eric. Not a low-priced handset. VOLTE is supported. Just saying that this was a comment of someone that seemed to work for him. Perhaps, like you said, temporarily

An KPN simcard gives me no problems at all. So it does not seem to have anything to do with the device. 

What are steps I could take?

Suggestions I see on the lightphone forum
Asking odido to update my IMEI number? Switched from iPhone to Lightphone
Asking odido to to update my account apn settings 
Checking if my has lte enabled
Confirming VOLTE is enabled

Someone on the other forum mentioned:

I had problems with odido too. I called them and asked to turn off VoIP or something like that and now it works perfectly.
There is another discussion about how to make it work with all the details. If you search for “Netherlands” in r/LightPhone you will find it.

Is this posible for odido to do? I’ve asked the service employee to do this but still have the same problem. No way to check if it’s really turned of from odido’s side though. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Suggestions I see on the lightphone forum
Asking odido to update my IMEI number? Switched from iPhone to Lightphone
Asking odido to to update my account apn settings 
Checking if my has lte enabled
Confirming VOLTE is enabled

1. Where does an IMEI number has to be updated? There is no problem if a customer switches from one phone to another phone with the same Odido simcard. There is no IMEI barring service in the Netherlands. Other countries does use a stolen phone (IMEI) to barr these from the networks.
  2. The APN settings in the network are fixed and can/ do not need to be updated. The phone should use the default APN. But APN has to do with mobile data. And you do not report that mobile data does not work?    When a phone is certified for VOLTE, than the softphone settings on the phone should allow the APN: IMS. Via that dedicated bearer the VOLTE registration and voice is transported. Again, this is network default, the phone should adopt to it.
  3. Checking if LTE is enabled?   What do you mean with this. You can check on your phone if you have a 4G connection. By default all new subscriptions of Odido has 3G/4G and 5G access. Depending on the phone settings it choose what service to use.
  4. Confirming VOLTE is enabled.   This is an intresting one. You mentioned that you use VOLTE while calling. How did you establish that?  Normally what you can do is switch off wifi and check for the 4G indicator to see that you have LTE access.  Than call 1233 (voicemail). Is the network indicator still 4G, than you have a VOLTE call. Does the phone switch back to 3G/GSM/UMTS indicator, than there is no VOLTE but Circuit Switch Fallback as the phone is not certified for VOLTE on that network.

To start a good investigation. Put your simcard in another phone. Like a Samsung. Can you than call and speak to your girfriend normally?

Thanks will report back. 

Reageer