Beantwoord

No network abroad

Hi, I have traveled to South Korea, and my phone is not connected to any network service, including calls, SMS, data, everything. 

I haven't even received the automatic SMS from Odido ever since I arrived in  South Korea. So I think no service is provided right now.

I have several SMS to receive from the Netherlands, which is really important and urgent to me. Furthermore, due to this issue,  I cannot even do the two-step authentication. 

I already tried restarting; my roaming is on; and I already tried connecting to another network provider too, but nothing changed. I did everything that I could try. Can you please help me to fix this situation? 

Please answer the question as soon as possible, because I really need to receive the SMS within a few days. 

Thank you in advance. 

icon

Beste antwoord door hihihi00 13 March 2024, 12:02

Bekijk origineel

18 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @hihihi00 

Here you can check with which provider you van connect.

Do you perhaps have an unpaid invoice or do you have a betalingsregeling?

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I checked all the provider, aututically, and manually, and none of them worked. 

And I don’t have any unpaid invoice(because everything is paid automatically) and I don’t have any betalingsregeling. 

As I told you, I did everything I can do to fix this situation, not only once but several times. 

Can you please let me know how I can fix this situaiton?

The text message that I need to receive is really important, so I really need to fix it. Please let me know the way as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hi Kyung Eun

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey Hi, welcome to our Community! I hope you're having a good time in South Korea. I'm jealous, I really want to go there next year. Let's get you online! I've looked into your account and there are no barrings on international roaming, so that's good. You just need an active bundle / travel & surf pass. South Korea is in Zone 3. Can you open this page in Mijn Odido and purchase one yourself: Internet in het buitenland | Odido?

If not, I will see if I can activate a bundle for you. There are a few you can choose from: Please let me know if the link above works or if I can activate one for you, and if so, which one!

• XS pass – 25MB, expires after 24 hours – € 9,99
  • S pass – 50MB, expires after 72 hours – € 19,98
  • M pass – 100MB, expires after 7 days – € 29,98
  • L pass – 500MB, expires after 14 days – € 59,99

I look forward to your reply! 😊

Hi, Thank you for your reply. 

I cannot log in to the account, because I cannot receive any SMS, so the link that you sent me cannot work, unfortunately. 

However, I think receiving the SMS(message) can be also done free of charge, even when I am in Zone 3. I wonder whether I am correct. If SMS is not free, and if I have to buy bundle to receive message, I would like to buy one. But the only thing I worry about is not having a network even after buying a bundle, which means that I just spend money without any benefit. ( I am already paying for my monthly fee, without having any network...)

If purchasing a bundle can solve this situation, I would like to buy one, maybe S. 

And since I cannot buy it by myself because I cannot receive any SMS now, it would be great if you can purchase it for me. 

Before purchasing it, I would like to get a clear answer about whether this action can solve this situation. Please let me know. 

Thank you in advance. 

Best regards, 

Hey Hi, welcome to our Community! I hope you're having a good time in South Korea. I'm jealous, I really want to go there next year. Let's get you online! I've looked into your account and there are no barrings on international roaming, so that's good. You just need an active bundle / travel & surf pass. South Korea is in Zone 3. Can you open this page in Mijn Odido and purchase one yourself: Internet in het buitenland | Odido?

If not, I will see if I can activate a bundle for you. There are a few you can choose from: Please let me know if the link above works or if I can activate one for you, and if so, which one!

• XS pass – 25MB, expires after 24 hours – € 9,99
  • S pass – 50MB, expires after 72 hours – € 19,98
  • M pass – 100MB, expires after 7 days – € 29,98
  • L pass – 500MB, expires after 14 days – € 59,99

I look forward to your reply! 😊

Hi, Thank you for your reply. 

I cannot log in to the account, because I cannot receive any SMS, so the link that you sent me cannot work, unfortunately. 

However, I think receiving the SMS(message) can be also done free of charge, even when I am in Zone 3. I wonder whether I am correct. If SMS is not free, and if I have to buy bundle to receive message, I would like to buy one. But the only thing I worry about is not having a network even after buying a bundle, which means that I just spend money without any benefit. ( I am already paying for my monthly fee, without having any network...)

If purchasing a bundle can solve this situation, I would like to buy one, maybe S. 

And since I cannot buy it by myself because I cannot receive any SMS now, it would be great if you can purchase it for me. 

Before purchasing it, I would like to get a clear answer about whether this action can solve this situation. Please let me know. 

Thank you in advance. 

Best regards, 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi, you're welcome! Receiving SMS is indeed free. However, you will need a network connection with one of the passes. I'm sure you will be able to connect to the network SK Telecom, after I activate the S bundle for you. Please let me know and I will activate it for you! 😊

Hi, you're welcome! Receiving SMS is indeed free. However, you will need a network connection with one of the passes. I'm sure you will be able to connect to the network SK Telecom, after I activate the S bundle for you. Please let me know and I will activate it for you! 😊

Hello, thank you for your reply again. 

In that case, can I buy XS first to test whether it works or not?

If it works, I will buy another XS or S through requesting this once again to you, when it is necessary. 

Please proceed to purchase XS bundle for me. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Hi, of course! I just activated the XS bundle. Please let me know if you're now able to connect to SK Telcom and if you can receive SMS. If it doesn't work in 30 minutes, please restart your phone.

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Hi Hi, of course! I just activated the XS bundle. Please let me know if you're now able to connect to SK Telcom and if you can receive SMS. If it doesn't work in 30 minutes, please restart your phone.

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Dear Marciano,

Hi, I tried to connect it to SK telecom, even manually, it did not work. I also tried to restart the phone too.

No SMS arrives, and it still says there is no connection…, nothing works.

Will there be another way that I can try? It’s really uncomfortable, and I really need to receive SMS….

Best Regards,

Hi Kyung Eun

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi, I remember a customer who had the exact same thing. See this topic. I think you will have to do a network reset. You can do this in the settings of your phone, and after that manually connect to SK Telcom or KT again It should work. 

Depending on your phone it should be somewhere here: Settings > Mobile Service > Mobile Data Network > Reset Settings.

Hi, I remember a customer who had the exact same thing. See this topic. I think you will have to do a network reset. You can do this in the settings of your phone, and after that manually connect to SK Telcom or KT again It should work. 

Depending on your phone it should be somewhere here: Settings > Mobile Service > Mobile Data Network > Reset Settings.

Hello, Thank you so much for your reply. 

I tried what you suggested, and things are fixed, and I finally receive the SMS.

Thank you so much for your help. 

Now, I am just using XS bundle, and when I needs more data, I will contact you once again and purchase another bundle.  (if I can do it by myself, I will of course do it by myself.)

I hope you have a wonderful day, and thank you again

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi, great to hear that it works now and you're receiving your SMS! You're very welcome and thank you for letting me know. It should work now for you to purchase a new bundle in Mijn Odido, but if it doesn't work - please know that I'm always here to help you. I wish you a great stay and have a great day! 😎

Hellou! I have the problem with network, receiving sms and calls! I have paid everything and settings also changed and did the phone reset, everything and still don’t have service 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Biicis, is this about a phone number with 45 in the end or is this about another phone number. With this number (45) I don't see any barrings, so you should have a network connection. What country are you in? If it's about another phone number, please fill it in in your profile under 'Klantnummer’. I'm happy to look into it for you! 

Yea @Marciano van Odido thats about this number! And I am right now in letland!

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

Hello @Biicis I'm also happy to look into this for you! Thanks for the confirmation! I immediately took a look at your account for that number and it actually still thinks you are in the Netherlands, as that is what I get to see in your My Odido account. Hence why you are not getting service either. 

Could you check for me if the software of your device is up to date? You can also reset the network settings of your phone. On an Android device, you do this in the following way: Settings > General Administration. Then choose Reset and then Reset network settings. If you have an iPhone then do this like this: 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Transfer or reset [device]' > 'Reset' > 'Restore network settings'.

Would you mind restarting your device for me? Is it possible to take the SIM card out and put it in again? Then restart your phone. 

What you can do after that is to manually connect to another provider's network. You can manually connect to the following networks in Latvia: LTM & Tele2. You can also see this on our website: https://www.odido.nl/service/producten/mobiel/buitenland/tarieven-dekking/Letland. 

This is how you manually choose a network:
*Android
*iOS (iPhone)
-Go to Settings -> Provider.
-Is 'automatic (search)' checked here? Then you can turn it off by pressing it.
-Now go manually search for available networks, select a supported network. 

Love to hear from you if it works! 

You @Marciano van Odido are the man! Now everything is working! Thanks man, I really appreciate! Have nice day and thank you one more time!

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey Biicis, thanks for your awesome reply! But I think, you meant @Pharwin van Odido - he did most of the explaining (even though I'm better 😉). All jokes aside, good to hear that everything is working now. If you have any questions, please feel free to come back to the Community and start a new topic. We're here for you. For now, we both wish you a great weekend and a good stay in Letland! 🙌🏻

Reageer