Not receiving verification sms from Marktplaats

• 29 January 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 231 Bekeken

I’m receiving verification sms from marktplaats. I saw other people also have this issue. Could that be that Odido blocks these sms?

Peggy van Odido 2 maanden geleden

Hi Nikita, 

Could you contact Marktplaats and ask if they could have their bulk SMS supplier/provider do a trace on a message they sent? Then we can verify that it does arrive on the T-Mobile network. Please also include the date and time of sending then we can investigate that if necessary.

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Nikita, welcome to our Community! We don't block these SMS messages, but it does sometimes happen that you don't receive them. The most common result is that the SMS doesn't reach our network and something already goes wrong by the sender. But, let's try to get these verification SMS working for you!

Firstly please try the next 2 options:

• Re-enter your phone number on Marktplaats with +316 instead of 06. Can you receive the SMS now?
  • If not, please try a temporary number (from a friend or family member). We must test if you will receive the SMS on this other number. If yes, you can switch back to your own phone number and then it should also work. 

Please let me know if this fixed it for you. If not, we will dive deeper into it! 😄

Hi Nikita, welcome to our Community! We don't block these SMS messages, but it does sometimes happen that you don't receive them. The most common result is that the SMS doesn't reach our network and something already goes wrong by the sender. But, let's try to get these verification SMS working for you!

Firstly please try the next 2 options:

• Re-enter your phone number on Marktplaats with +316 instead of 06. Can you receive the SMS now?
  • If not, please try a temporary number (from a friend or family member). We must test if you will receive the SMS on this other number. If yes, you can switch back to your own phone number and then it should also work. 

Please let me know if this fixed it for you. If not, we will dive deeper into it! 😄

I cannot log into my Marktplaats account so I can’t change my phone number, obviously. And like many other websites, Marktplaats has phone auto-formatting feature so there’s only one way to enter the number. I used to receive sms codes before, the last one was in April ‘23

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

@Nikita S. I usually don't do mobile related topics, but I coincidentally ran into this one:

Provided you have an Android phone, you can delete ‘Google Carrier Service’ from the apps list. If you then restart your phone, you should be able to receive verification SMSes again. It has something to do with the RCS protocol, which doesn't mean anything to me to be honest, but it's definitely worth a try. Will you let us know if it worked? Thanks!

@Nikita S. I usually don't do mobile related topics, but I coincidentally ran into this one:

Provided you have an Android phone, you can delete ‘Google Carrier Service’ from the apps list. If you then restart your phone, you should be able to receive verification SMSes again. It has something to do with the RCS protocol, which doesn't mean anything to me to be honest, but it's definitely worth a try. Will you let us know if it worked? Thanks!

Unfortunately, that didn’t help. I only have issues with Markplaats sms codes, others work fine

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi @Nikita S.

Should not 1 verification code work then you can argue that there is error with us. But you indicate that it is only the case at Maktplaats. So I would advise you to contact Marktplaats. Maybe they have a solution!

If the Community can do anything else for you, you know where to find us!

Hi @Nikita S.

Should not 1 verification code work then you can argue that there is error with us. But you indicate that it is only the case at Maktplaats. So I would advise you to contact Marktplaats. Maybe they have a solution!

If the Community can do anything else for you, you know where to find us!

Apparently, I can receive verification codes from marktplaats using my KPN number. Could you perhaps make a formal check for me just to make sure that the issue is not on Odido side?

Hi Nikita, 

Could you contact Marktplaats and ask if they could have their bulk SMS supplier/provider do a trace on a message they sent? Then we can verify that it does arrive on the T-Mobile network. Please also include the date and time of sending then we can investigate that if necessary.

Reageer