Beantwoord

No service abroad and on work trip

• 6 February 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 135 Bekeken

I switched to Odido from Vodafone last month due to their plans offering roaming in the U.S. Last week I was in Switzerland and Italy for work and had no service. No calls, texts or internet. So yesterday I called Odido customer support and they issued me a new eSIM. Today I’m in the U.S. on another work trip and having the same issue! This is completely unacceptable as I can’t be without a phone and travel for work every week. Please help immediately or refund my money and let me out of my contract. 

icon

Beste antwoord door abiller18 6 February 2024, 17:04

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Abiller, welcome to our Community! Traveling for work sounds amazing. I've looked into your account and I see that there was a barring on international roaming. I just removed it for you. I'm not sure why you had to get a new eSIM, because it should work now after removing the barrings. In the US you can connect to the networks T-Mobile and AT&T. If you don't have a connection within 30 minutes, please restart your phone. Please let me know if you have connection now! 😄

Hi Abiller, welcome to our Community! Traveling for work sounds amazing. I've looked into your account and I see that there was a barring on international roaming. I just removed it for you. I'm not sure why you had to get a new eSIM, because it should work now after removing the barrings. In the US you can connect to the networks T-Mobile and AT&T. If you don't have a connection within 30 minutes, please restart your phone. Please let me know if you have connection now! 😄

That worked! Thank you for the quick reply. I’m not sure why the rep on the phone didn’t realize this before. They told me that “eSIM was a bad technology and I should get a regular SIM” and suggested a new eSIM would be the solution. I’ve been using eSIM for 3 years since I have a US iPhone and they don’t offer a physical SIM so I knew this wasn’t the case. Maybe it is a good idea for you to offer an internal knowledge base and inform the phone reps on how to remove these blocks.

One remaining question, it doesn’t appear as wifi calling is working. Is there a block on my account for that too?

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi @abiller18 

Vowifi calling does not work while roaming. While roaming you can choose between several different mobile networks. Of course, “Whatsapp calling” should work.

Ah ok thank you!

Reageer