Beantwoord

New Internet Speed (Fiber from 1 to 8 Gbps) - Can I install the new equipment by myself?

• 13 December 2023
  • 27 reacties
  • 283 Bekeken

Toon eerste reactie

27 reacties

Reputatie 1

Rosie was able to do some stuff and I got 3500 down 7200 down (max across multiple tests, but most frequently around 1.8 ~ 2.5 down). Better than 400 but nowhere near the contracted speed.

Hopefully things will work properly soon. I wouldn't want to have to downgrade or switch to another service. I already spent too much energy on this (and so did you).

Reputatie 1

Hi @fdamaral, I immediately went to check for you and I see that we have decided to send you a new ONT. The technician indicated that there was no light on line, so there is no signal coming in. Fortunately, the current connection is still working and you are not without internet. Hopefully it will be converted for you soon! 

I was told it would not go on line because he needed to talk to someone in your central and your central was closed because it was a Sunday, but that the device would be activated by an employee on your end.

Why is the information divergent? Also, why do you send a technician without keeping enough employees on your back end to activate services?

I don't think there's any problem with the fiber or the device, you just need to allow it to connect. I notice it gets signal when the fiber is connected to it, but it won't capture an IP address because you didn't give it permission.

I would rather have you authorize the device to connect so I can test it on my end without a new appointment.

Reageer