Beantwoord

Since 11-10-2022 no more internet Geen Glasvezel Fibre Issue LOS RED

• 12 October 2022
  • 40 reacties
  • 475 Bekeken

Reputatie 3

Hey anyone else has an issue in the Haarlem area, since yesterday lunch time i have no more internet …  Contacted support, they said they can't do much and send the case to the Engineers…
now I got an email that the response form that engineers will be taking between 1-5 Working days… and i googled a bit and found similar cases where customers were sitting without internet for more than 3 weeks… what can i do to expertise this?

Calling the Hotline is a real pain … she does not understand my postcode or what question I have and when i finally get through sometimes the line just gets disconnected and i need to start from the beginning… really frustrating 

icon

Beste antwoord door Lisa 12 October 2022, 15:43

Bekijk origineel

40 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Andreas Haarlem,

Great to hear that your connection is restored, it sounds like the engineer handled very adequately!

To recoup you I will make sure that the full last month is refunded. Effectively this means that you will not receive a debit from us this month and soon you will receive an email from me to confirm that we will refund last month’s subscription fee. 

The fiber line looks amazing, feel free to let me know if there is anything else!

Reputatie 3

Hey @Cal  Engineer was planned for 8-12 today, I checked the Converter around 8:30 and noticed its back online so I restarted the Router and and Internet was back… Yey

Engineer turned up around 8:55  and I informed him that all is working and that there was never an issue with the equipment here, I assume they changed something on the other end which made it working again

Now I hope it stays like that...

so how will I get the refund for the time not working (22days)?

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hey @Andreas Haarlem, thanks for the update and I’m sorry to hear that BAM can only come on Thursday, I had really hoped that they could have helped you sooner! Whilst reading your dossier I'm frustrated that there is yet another technician required. I can assure you that we and I try our utmost best to make this the last one!

To help you out as much as possible I double checked all registrations, but nothing seems to be off. The Media Converter which the Guidion technician registered is also the same one as you currently have in your possession, namely the one with the serial number ending on: ‘6A7.’ The sudden change in the LOS light could be explained by the fact that the Guidion technician measured no life on your fiber line. Usually the technician gets at least some reponse on the fiber line, but in this case it really seems to be in the fiber network.

Therefore I do trust that the technician of Thursday could be the last one and we will do everything in our power to make it the last one. Hopefully we can get you online quickly!

Reputatie 3

*************Day 19 no internet ****************

@Lisa  Just got the Call from the BAM call center to confirm the Appointment… Its Monday and the earliest is Thursday… they must be very busy… 

Anyway, can I send someone the details about my Fiber Converter so we can see if its registered correctly in the network?

Because the last Guideon Engineer first replaced the Fibre Converter 

which Initially showed LOS RED until he registered the (NEW)Fibre Converter which brought it bac to the previous PON fast blinking 

He changed the Fiber Converter back to the old one but this one now stays at LOS RED blinking - no signal even after he registered it with his mobile 

Reputatie 7

Hi @Andreas Haarlem, I want to let you know that the network administrator will contact you as soon as possible. I'm sorry that they haven't contacted you yet. They will make an appointment with you to solve this issue. Please let us know as soon as you made an appointment with them. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience! ❤

Reputatie 3

Great stuff that the Guidon engineers are actually able to come by the next day…

So this morning he came by and confirmed to me that the Infrastructure Engineer is wrong there is nothing wrong with my installation all is in  order, he also checked the fibre OTP cable no issue seen 

He tried a new Fibre bridge  same issue, it starts, then after a couple of minutes PON blinks fast
he changed back to the old Bridge now we are back to Line 4 LOS blinks slowly and PON OFF

he said they are maybe checking something on the other side but thats all with the Network Provider where he can not help.. 

So Suprice Suprise By not touching anything you can not diagnose anything… and with having no contact detaisl from the Infrastructure Engineer you cant even complain about such incompetence…  lucky engineer... I will try when they call again to see if I as customer can do anything without compromising to get a new Engineer hopefully….

He reported all back to the back office now waiting again for Fibre Network engineer to arrange a new Engineer who hopefully understands the issue and does not ignore the LEDs of the Fibre Bridge

I really have to say you(T-Mobile) as Customer of that Fibre Network should work on getting a better service from them, this is basically destroying your customer relations where you can't help and waiting for 2 weeks for an engineer is far to long…  I just got the new T-mobile Thehuis bill, which was charged in full ..  I will need to the Help desk again to get the refund … but i will do that after its resolved if its gets at any point resolved…  

Day 16 no internet ...

Reputatie 3

Thanks @louisL ok So from what I can see on my Converter right now I am on Line 2

PON Blinks quickly and LOS is OFF

So @Lisa @Boris @Jason  what can I do about the issue that it does not succeed to establish/ setup the signal and never goes to succeed to Line 3?

So much to the Fibre engineer I tested it… and the Converter can be seen, how can that be if he reports he is still setting up the connection?

Reputatie 6
Badge

So the ONT seems to see light but cannot connect to the OLT. This is probably caused by a disturbance on the network. This may be caused by another user on the same OLT  that has the wrong hardware connected to their fiber line. I guess  that it can also be occuring when T-mobile did not correctly register the ONT on their side. Let Guidion have a look. They can check registration of the ONT.

Reputatie 3

ohh dear support…

@Lisa @Boris @Jason 

Fibre engineer was here did not touch anything said he tested it and the converter can be seen by the T-mobile back office… now they want to send again a Gideon Engineer

I tried to explain to them that this fiber converter is not able to connect via that fibre and that PON blinking means “light but no connection” of course they dont believe me claiming the issue is with my cable between the WIFI hotspot and the Fibre converter, told them the i can bring the wifi hotspot there and proved that there is no problem between them with a different cable.

no they do not want to do further tests and left the site…

15 days no internet and Noone can explain me why…

Gideon engineer says its the fibre 

Fibre engineer says its the Installation.. I really dont know what to do to get back service or any service here...

Lets establish what we know
Internet globe is red on the WIFI box means no internet on WAN port

and Yes I replaced the Cable between WIFI box and Fibre Converter with a known good one… 

how can I Test the Fibre Converter?

What does fast Blinking PON on the Fiber converter mean?

Reputatie 7

Hi @Andreas Haarlem, I'm really happy to read this! Thanks a lot for giving this update. I took a look into the system to check if the appointment is this Thursday or next week on Thursday, but I don't see the appointment yet. So please keep us posted. Fingers crossed that you're online within three days! 🍀

Hi @Najumudeen_NL, I will help you further in the topic down below! 😊

Good luck Andreas !! I hope I also get an appointment. 

Reputatie 3

Fiber Engineer just called for an appointment they only have a spot “next thursday” lets hope she meant this coming Thursday… 

Reputatie 3

@Lisa @Boris @Jason 

Do we have any update on the progress??

11 Days without internet ….

Reputatie 3

Day 13 no internet … checked this morning before going to work ...

LED for PON is blinking fast and Internet globe is red.

now changed again to 

LOS was Red on the fiber converter

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

Hi @Najumudeen_NL, thanks for letting me know! I can see that the investigation is still open. I did what I can to speed the process up, hopefully the gridoperator will be fully informed on Monday. For here on out we are doing everything we can. Thank you so much for your patience!

Reputatie 3

Yes exactly the same issue with me, it started with 

Then LOS was Red on the fiber converter which means no signal at all 

now its back to:
LED for PON is blinking fast and Internet globe is red on the WIFI Hub.
I assume that means the Fiber Converter detected a Signal but is failing to Sync

I checked the fiber with my Phone camera, and I can see a little white light coming out the tip 

Note: I do not recommend trying this with your eyes use the Camera of the phone ;) 

Wow, I am also facing this issue in Almere since last Sunday. Guidion technician came on last Monday and told it is T-mobile problem. So called networking team is yet to pick up my case even though they said initially it is 4-5 days SLA and I should get a response. But nothing came from them. Looking at your case so far, I might have the same timeline before the connection gets restored. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @Andreas Haarlem, thanks for your reply. We’re working hard to get you online ASAP. I’ve notified our technical department in order to proceed with the investigation. We’ll give you an update when we can. We’ll keep in touch!

Reputatie 3

Day 10 no internet …  no change 

LED for PON is blinking fast and the RED LOS is now off and still no internet

No word from Tmobile or anyone in support…

@Lisa @Boris @Jason 

may I get an update??

Reputatie 3

@Boris thanks for letting me know, Yes the Guidion technician expained the issue, And since the afternoon it seems there is a signal but its not syncing, 

LED for PON is blinking fast and the RED LOS is now off and still no internet

hope it will be fixed soon,

Reputatie 7

Hi @Andreas Haarlem, thanks for your reply and update. We would have liked to see that the issue could have been fixed by the Guidion technician, but the issue has been noted in the main line and network of the connection. Because the Guidion technician is unable to fix that, the grid operator has been notified to fix this ASAP. I've checked this right away and see that the feedback of the technician has landed. I've notified our technical department to notify the grid operator in their turn. We're on the ball and I've got good hope that we can fix this right away.

Reputatie 3

Day 8, Guidon Engineer came onsite, checked the cable and tried booth ports with spare fibre ethernet converter still no Signal on the Fibre…

He said he reported that back to T-mobile and now i have to wait 2-3 days for a response because they need to check the other side, which I was hoping they would have done before sending one to my site…

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Andreas Haarlem, thanks for understanding! 😊

Regarding the compensation: we'll calculate how much has to be compensated when an end date has been processed. That is: when your connection is back online and the issue has been resolved, we'll compensate the costs of no service. For instance, let's say you've lost two days of service, then your compensation will be monthly due (let's say € 30 for this example) divided by 30 days (one month) times the amount of days no service which is 2. So that would result in the following calculation: 30:30 times 2 which is € 2 euros. 

Once the compensation has been added, you'll receive an email confirming the amount. The compensation will then be deducted on a following invoice.

Reputatie 3

Hi @Boris 

Thanks for the response, I understand that the issue is under investigation, I was studying your Algemene forwarden...: 
17. We hopen natuurlijk dat het niet zal gebeuren, maar als een netwerkstoring 12 uur of langer duurt, kun je een beroep doen op onze (wettelijke) compensatieregeling. In geval van een storing vind je hierover, en over het eventueel van toepassing zijn van de compensatieregeling, meer informatie op onze website www.t-mobile.nl

So we passed the 12h some time ago so what are the compensatieregeling? search on your website does not have any relevant information's:

Zoeken op T-Mobile

Can I expect a Credit for the Time you're not able to provide the Service?

Reputatie 7

Hi @Andreas Haarlem, thanks for your messages. Although I do understand the urgency, please consider our inhouse policies in creating a second account and the bumping of a topic. You can read them here: 

Because of those policies, I've deleted your second account and would like to warn you from refraining of bumping the topics. We do our outmost best to help you out as fast as possible but are not a chat. If you’d like a faster response time, please use our contacts at the callcenter or use our socials.

With that being said, I've checked the status and we're still investigating the matter at hand. We're looking to see what the disturbance in the POP might be, so we are able to fix it due to a mechanic. Whenever this mechanic has been send out, you'll receive a notification to make an appointment. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Reageer